Anyone else have the following problem? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-13-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Anyone else have the following problem?

Ok i've had my 360 since Oct 06 and have only had 1 problem prior to this problem. And that was the red brick. I got it exchanged at the place i bought it from so no problem. This happened in Nov. So since a lil before Thanksgiving, my 360 has been running awesomely... until now.

The 360 seems to still be running fine. And I can hear the audio. BUT... I can see no video. I originally had it connected to my onkyo 604 receiver. and thought maybe that was the problem. So I connected it directly to the component ports in my tv. Still have audio, but no video. So I've basically boiled it down to two possibilities.

1) The cable
2) The port

Since I don't have another cable to try, I can't rule out the cable yet. If it's the port and not the cable, I don't want to pay for another cable just to confirm this.

Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe if someone experienced a similar thing to me, then they could let me know. If it's the port, then I'm just going to trade in my 360 for an elite. Coz if I'm going to have to waste 40 bucks for another set of component cables that only prove that my original cables are fine and it's my port that's busted, I might as well just pay another 130 bucks for a brand new system.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:04 AM

Did you try fliping it to standard video and seeing if you get any picture that way... if you do then it shouldn't be the port just a cable issue. Or just call 18004myxbox and get them to help. Some of the techs are extremly helpfull... just let them know if you are technicaly inclined so they dont ask if you have it plugged in... or if you have it turned on.... I hate when they ask stupid questiosn like that.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:31 AM

Good suggestion with the switching it to regular tv. Unfortunately it didn't show any video signal either. I'll be calling the xbox # tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 PM

Ok giving you guys an update.

So I didn't do anything about this problem that I'm having until today. I figured, I'm going to try to just trade in for an Elite. that way I'd connect via HDMI which is what I ultimately want to do anyway. Unfortunately after calling 15 Gamestop/EB Games and another 6 Game Crazys within 50 miles radius of me... NO ONE has any more Elites. Apparently M$ shipped VERY few Elites. Some stores only getting 1 (yes that's a ONE). And the next shipment is end of May, beginning of June. And guess what... the promo to trade in your premium ends at the end of May. So what does this mean? By the time stock arrives, you won't get the same value ($250) for your premium system. Yeah... that blows.

So I figure, ok what the heck, I'll just get a replacement cable then and forget about it all. Well I go to best buy and purchase a replacement cable and come home and run the wires and...

SAME THING. Dammit, this is what I was afraid of. It's not the cable, it's the port. *SIGH*.

So now I have to return the cable I just bought. What a bitch this is. So I called that 800 number for xbox repair. And after a 35 minute wait, I got a cs rep. They were great on the phone. I really thought they had a good customer service. The lady had no sense of humor, but at least she was very efficient in what she was doing. basically my 360 is still under warranty. BARELY. Ends in June. So it's gonna be sent in for repair for free. WOO HOO.