New Xbox 360 Pro owner - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Default New Xbox 360 Pro owner

hello guys im originally PS3 owner but jump into xbox family despite of the RROD ive just recently bought an Xbox 360 60GB Pro bundle with 2 years warranty at Best Buy.This is my first time having 360 and looking for some new friends my id is NaRdOnG BuRaK.The set up was easy but when im about to hook up my optical cable i couldnt find where to put it on the back of the 360 i just figured that you have to use the AV cable that comes with it in order to connect the audio with optical cable to get DD so what i did was cut off the plastic cover of the AV cable about half way so my HDMI cable would fit and now my problem is solved now my xbox video is thru HDMI and my audio is thru Optical i almost bought the cable package from Microsoft.I bought two starter games at craigslist Halo 3 and Gears of War for $40 for both i will buy Gears of War 2 after finising the 1st one.All and all i hate to say this but i think im gonna like my Xbox more than my PS3.please add me again my id is NaRdOnG BuRaK
Old 12-26-2008, 02:48 AM

welcome to the club!!! gamertag big mizzy 69
Old 12-26-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrax View Post
hello guys im originally PS3 owner but jump into xbox family despite of the RROD ive just recently bought an Xbox 360 60GB Pro bundle with 2 years warranty at Best Buy.This is my first time having 360 and looking for some new friends my id is NaRdOnG BuRaK.The set up was easy but when im about to hook up my optical cable i couldnt find where to put it on the back of the 360 i just figured that you have to use the AV cable that comes with it in order to connect the audio with optical cable to get DD so what i did was cut off the plastic cover of the AV cable about half way so my HDMI cable would fit and now my problem is solved now my xbox video is thru HDMI and my audio is thru Optical i almost bought the cable package from Microsoft.I bought two starter games at craigslist Halo 3 and Gears of War for $40 for both i will buy Gears of War 2 after finising the 1st one.All and all i hate to say this but i think im gonna like my Xbox more than my PS3.please add me again my id is NaRdOnG BuRaK
I presume your receiver doesn't support HDMI as is this why you have set it up this way. Because if your receiver as HDMI inputs, then you don't need the Optical.

Welcome to the club, and if you haven't played it yet, get Fallout 3, it's probably the best game of all time (at least for me). Because of it, I went back 2 years in my library and playing Oblivion now.