I Am A Golden God!!* - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 PM

Default I Am A Golden God!!*

*note: if you haven't seen the great movie 'Almost Famous' then the title of this blog will make no sense to you.

Well, I'm on my way to becoming one. I bought the incredible Guitar Hero II today and it's the most fun I've had with a videogame in YEARS.

For those that haven't heard of it, a synopsis: It's a guitar game. You play the lead guitarist. There are dozen of rock, classic rock, hard rock, alternative and heavy metal song to be played. Notes come at you that correspond to the fret buttons on the custom guitar shaped controller. You strum on the strum button while holding the proper fret to hit the notes in synch. You do well, your rock metter stays in the green. You fuck up and it moves over to the red. You try to hit as many notes as possible to get a higher score and grade. You go through stages of 5 songs. You must finish 4 of 5 to move to the next stage.

It's COMPLETELY addictive and it really mimicks how it feels to actually learn guitar. As you actually learn the songs, you play them much better. It can get frustrating but at the same time SO rewarding as you nail a part of a song that used to kick your ass! And did I tell you how HARD it all rocks in surround sound?

And listening to the crowd go crazy as I kick in my "star power" (tilt the guitar up and your onscreen avatar starts to do kicks and splits and playing behind his head) is the greatest treat. But they throw shit at you if you keep messing up.

My hands are all sore and cramped but I can't stop playing. My band Haze Grey will see a million face......and ROCK THEM ALL!!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:32 PM

Looking forward to this game and I haven't bought it yet since my b-day is next week and I have a feeling the wife is going to surprise me with this one.....that said, one question, and one comment:

1) I'm a lefty, will it accommodate me??

&

2) Almost Famous.....LOVE THAT MOVIE!!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:35 PM

Great, you just made the wait even more difficult.

"Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 04/06/2007."
Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Looking forward to this game and I haven't bought it yet since my b-day is next week and I have a feeling the wife is going to surprise me with this one.....that said, one question, and one comment:

1) I'm a lefty, will it accommodate me??

&

2) Almost Famous.....LOVE THAT MOVIE!!
Yes, you can flip it to lefty in options.

I believe it's called "Lefty Flip".

I'm assuming the notes will all come backwards as well to accommodate
Old 04-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Starky,

If you really want to be a 'golden god'... master it in both directions (right and left handed)... and then to really mix it up, play like Jimmy Hendrix (left handed with system set to right...

LOL... I'm really looking forward to this game, and I don't know why.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Bought this Tues. for a my bro-in-law and we had so much fun with it!!! He was all excited to get it so I beat him to it and gave it to him as a gift, but I thought it was kinda silly before I actually played it, and all I could think was "damn... now I have to buy one..." I was so wrong... This game is awsome.