My 360 Wont Stop freezing....where to go next - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2007, 07:03 PM

Default My 360 Wont Stop freezing....where to go next

what up fellas got some issues with my 360 it wont stop freezing and I had the red light the other day....what should i do call microsoft...whats the best number tried a few waiting forever....thanks fellas...if i cant fix it ill be looking for an hd dvd player
Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 PM

red light all the time now actually
Old 04-03-2007, 07:19 PM

Oof, looks like you've got a bricked console. Call MS. They just changed their support policies.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...antyupdate.htm
Old 04-03-2007, 08:41 PM

go to your nearest BBY for a new unit lol

sorry to hear your about to join the club
Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM

So far I do not have problems with Xbox 360 at all. i keep it well ventilated and it is hooked up to good quality power bar. I only had problems with freezing when played Call of duty 3. But, this is not hardware issue. Apperantly, it is the software fault because many other XB360 owners have the same issue. I just returned the game to BB.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 AM

Yea my console is dead the full red lights....it is not covered under warranty but I have a way around that because I purchased with my credit card and they offer and extra 1 yr warranty on purchases u make with a chase credit card....just so you guys know because chase wont come out a tell you that....something in the fine print that they do offer...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 PM

Sorry to hear... I get paronoid every time I read these threads. Thats one thing I miss about the old cartridge consoles... No moving parts, less potential to go wrong. 2D graphics though...

Just guessing but those seem to be the symptoms of overheating, was it well ventilated?

Thats cool to hear about Chase though, since I bought my PS3 on one of their cards.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpHeadZ View Post
Yea my console is dead the full red lights....it is not covered under warranty but I have a way around that because I purchased with my credit card and they offer and extra 1 yr warranty on purchases u make with a chase credit card....just so you guys know because chase wont come out a tell you that....something in the fine print that they do offer...
is it the full red circle or just 3 out of 4. i know 3 out of 4 means bricked/ hardware problem, but not sure what 4 means.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:51 PM

If you're getting four red lights, then it's most likely just a video connection problem, so be sure to check that first. Otherwise, call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and explain your situation. They'll ask you to do some standard checks on your cables, etc., but if you're getting three red lights, your console's most likely dead in the water.

I recently had a horrible experience with Xbox Support after getting a refurbished unit that DIDN'T work, right out of the box. So if you have troubles with your repair/return experience, please do express your concerns and write a letter to [email protected].

Microsoft might be taking some steps to make things better with their support and warranty coverage, but there are some fundamental problems with the 360 and someone needs to be held accountable for it.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:22 PM

Mine is on it's way back from their service center. It's been a long 10 days. I'll have it back tomorrow though.

I've had it since a few weeks after launch and played the hell out of it, nevermind using the media center for hours upon hours.