The Matrix Reloaded playback problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM

Default The Matrix Reloaded playback problem

Alright, so i've searched the entire web for a solution to the playback issue that affects The matrix Reloaded in the ultimate Matrix Collection Box Set.

basically, when i put in the matrix reloaded into my xbox 360 hd dvd add-on, it will start to read it, then it will fade to black as if the hd dvd is about to work, then after a few seconds, a can't read disc error message pops up.

This happens every time i put the disc in.

All the other discs in the box set play fine.

I have blown into the disc drive, but no luck.

I have removed all the hd dvd updates from the memory tab.

then i updated the player using a burnt cd with the spring 05-07 hd dvd player update and no luck.

After that, I update the hd dvd player back to the december update, but still no luck.

I have no idea was it causing this problem, but it seems to be happening to a lot of people who have purchased the ultimate box set and are trying to play it on the xbox 360 add-on.

When i was searching for a solution on the web, the only forums or discussions that addressed the issue were dated around summer last year.

I actually found a forum on amazon.com but the last post was in january and it still seemed like there wasn't a solution.

So if anyone knows how to fix this problem, please help, I just want to watch the mmatrix reloaded in hd that's all.

also, i already sent back the first box set i got and today I recieved the replacement, but still, The Matrix Reloaded will not play, all that happens is a can't read disc message pop up. ahhhhhhh.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:43 PM

alright, since this forum is obviously useless for a solution, should i return the box set and just get the complete matrix trilogy instead, will reloaded play with that version? or should i keep the ultimate collection and just buy a new 360 add-on from fye and do the rebate?
Old 04-05-2008, 05:56 AM

have you considered contacting warner brothers? they're the company that made the disc, perhaps they've had other people contact them with similar issues?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:34 AM

Sounds like the issue is just with that particular disc and NOT your HD drive. I'd just exchange for another Ultimate set. If it doesn't work this time, then swap down for the complete Matrix.

I wouldn't spend any extra money on a HD drive, unless you just want another as a backup.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:08 PM

well i mean, i doubt if i order another replacement it's going to work. i have already gone through 2 ultimate collections and both of them, the matrix reloaded gives me that message saying can't read disc, while the matrix, the matrix revolutions, and the databank disc all work perfectly.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:55 PM

well i said screw it and just ordered the complete matrix trilogy, i got till may 8th to return the defective ultimate collection, and i'm not going to get another hd dvd drive when my current one works fine, except with THE MATRIX RELOADED!

also, sometime the button to eject the hd dvd drive doesnt work and you have to press it just perfectly for it to open without actually using your dashboard to open it, but it's not a biggie.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:02 AM

I have the Ultimate Matrix Trilogy and the 360 add on. Never had a single problem with any of the movies, being it playback, bonus content, audio, etc.

Since the discs are all pressed the same way with exactly the same process, I think the the problem is actually with your drive, since there can be inconsistencies in the manufacturing, and there are more advanced pieces in it, different brands of lasers, and so on.

My suggestion is to try and get a replacement unit. Really, the discs are definitely the last thing to be wrong...
Old 04-24-2008, 07:47 AM

Heres something, this may seem weird and not important but a friend of mine has the Add on as well and he has had trouble playing some movies (DVDs and HD) when his drive is standing up with the disc on the tray sideways. After I sat it down flat it started playing the disc. Then I stood it back up and made sure i put the disc on the tray properly and it played just fine. The drive seems to be pretty picky on the placement of the disc. See about giving that a shot. If its already laying down flat try standing it up. Worth a shot right?

One other thing you can try... disconnect the drive, restart the console, wait for it to reboot , then reconnect. I also had to do this once with his console. Plus I have this drive for my laptop and i had to disconnect it and reboot once before it began to read any discs.

BTW I also own the Ultimate Matrix and tried that disc on the add on drives (both mine and his) and has worked fine.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM

I have a similar problem w/ Revolutions, the movie plays fine up to the point where Neo and Trinity have crashed on to the machine planet and he is talking to her. During the conversation it just freezes up. I have to skip a chapter ahead and then go back to view the rest of the movie. The disc that I have that is completely unwatchable is Bourne Ultimatum. That disc won't even play and just reads error everytime. I'm playing them on an A-30. Guess I'll have to wait for the blu versions.