Wtf Cod4 Question?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM

Default Wtf Cod4 Question??

I have not played cod4 in a while and I put in the disk and it asks me to update so I update. Now I cant play online at all. I can get into game lobbies but when it goes to the load screen where it shows a still pick of the level it just freezes. I can hit the center button on my controller and hear the blade come up but I cant do anything untill i eject the disk then I can see my friends list and all that.

I have tried just about everything different game disks, reformatting my hard drive. Resetting my wireless. I can play all my other games online but not this one after this stupid update whats going on? Is anyone else having this problem?

Im sorry if this is supposed to be the the games section. If so could somebody please move it.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:33 PM

i did the update for the patch and im not having any problems.. i thought the patch was also suppose to pass the host title when the host dropped?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Former Member

nope, host switching not there (ps3). i get beyond pissed everytime someone doesn't want to play on Water Work, so if the vote doesn't pass, they drop it and end the series of games.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 AM

so 360 switche host? im on ps3 also.. man i do hate wet work also but i dont quit if the vote doesnt go thru.. just suck it up and play.. i do hate people constantly yelling skip, skip, skip lol
Old 03-24-2008, 02:39 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleontongue View Post
so 360 switche host? im on ps3 also.. man i do hate wet work also but i dont quit if the vote doesnt go thru.. just suck it up and play.. i do hate people constantly yelling skip, skip, skip lol
i dunno about 360, since i don't have it, i can't comment whether it does or doesn't.

i REALLY hate the SKIP SKIP SKIP jerks. just because THEY aren't good at a level doesn't mean those of us who are don't like it too
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM

i actually like the SKIP SKIP SKIP people, just for the fact that they suck on the map and you just end up dominating them.

but to answer the op's question, i used to get that freezing on the level screen before the update once in a while on district for some reason. but since the update, district and all other levels have been fine.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:56 PM

I have no idea after the update it freezes of every level oh well looks like Gears Of War and some halo 3 for me.
If anyone wants to play sometime SICK SOL is my gamer tag.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsho01 View Post
i actually like the SKIP SKIP SKIP people, just for the fact that they suck on the map and you just end up dominating them.

but to answer the op's question, i used to get that freezing on the level screen before the update once in a while on district for some reason. but since the update, district and all other levels have been fine.
agreed. the levels they HATE are my best levels (wetwork, bog, showdown). it's just very frustrating, though, when 1/2 your team leaves (especially if it's an s&d match), or the host ends it due to it not getting skipped
Old 03-24-2008, 03:04 PM

man im always on search & destroy.. i luv strike, overgrown, and crossfire.. the 1 i really hate is da bloc.. man i just cant stand that stage. hey if any yall on ps3 and playing s&d hit me up.. i play domination as well.. just started gettin ok at hq.. gamer tag is the same as here
Old 03-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleontongue View Post
man im always on search & destroy.. i luv strike, overgrown, and crossfire.. the 1 i really hate is da bloc.. man i just cant stand that stage. hey if any yall on ps3 and playing s&d hit me up.. i play domination as well.. just started gettin ok at hq.. gamer tag is the same as here
i like block, it's where i had my best game ever (on sabatoge), 37-3-11, 2 10 kill streaks, got all the hard challenges (2 airstrikes/helicopters, kill every member in 1 life, etc). it's great for s&d in my eyes. still haven't ever played hq at all.

edit: i'll add you tonite.