PRICE DROP: Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive $129 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-06-2008, 10:25 AM

Default PRICE DROP: Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive $129

After an early morning Amazon.com fire sale, Microsoft has officially dropped the price of the HD-DVD Drive to $129 "effective immediately."

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archi...06/557248.aspx
Old 02-06-2008, 10:33 AM

Note: This is for the US and Canada.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:36 AM

It's a very good news.
Hope to see this new price in Europe too.

HDDVD still fight, thanks to MS
Old 02-06-2008, 10:38 AM

I should start using mine more often. I need to test all of my HD DVDs and see if they all work on it, as I hear a lot of people are having problems with it, but I've yet to have a problem with my add-on.

I'll probably give my brother my A2 and wait for the next gen models from Toshiba.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:55 PM

I dont want to be negative, but I dont see this making a difference. The HD DVD add on is already only 90 in the uk. Knocking about 25 isn't going to lead to overwhelming sales.

But look good to MS!

My advice would be to trade in your HD DVD addon and HD DVDs while the price is still higher and get yourselves a PS3 . Alteast if your from the UK!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM

I own an XBOX 360 and though the games are terrific, I've got to say that it is the most unreliable and glitchy console I've ever owned, red rings of death twice now! So the last thing I would ever do is purchase any kind of add-on implement to it, the damn thing can't even play games properly. This is one of the many reasons I chose to go Blu in the first place. Take another 125 bucks off and the price will be appropriate.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekedoutfish View Post
I dont want to be negative, but I dont see this making a difference. The HD DVD add on is already only 90 in the uk. Knocking about 25 isn't going to lead to overwhelming sales.

But look good to MS!

My advice would be to trade in your HD DVD addon and HD DVDs while the price is still higher and get yourselves a PS3 . Alteast if your from the UK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dude1976 View Post
I own an XBOX 360 and though the games are terrific, I've got to say that it is the most unreliable and glitchy console I've ever owned, red rings of death twice now! So the last thing I would ever do is purchase any kind of add-on implement to it, the damn thing can't even play games properly. This is one of the many reasons I chose to go Blu in the first place. Take another 125 bucks off and the price will be appropriate.

This is a HD DVD Format-Specific Forum not Smackdown, please leave your Blu-glasses at the door
Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dude1976 View Post
I own an XBOX 360 and though the games are terrific, I've got to say that it is the most unreliable and glitchy console I've ever owned, red rings of death twice now! So the last thing I would ever do is purchase any kind of add-on implement to it, the damn thing can't even play games properly. This is one of the many reasons I chose to go Blu in the first place.
I'll second that about the unreliability.

This is why I traded in my xbox360 and all the games and my hd dvds, because it went red light on me a few weeks ago and I didnt want to send it off to get fixed.

It did fix itself like, but still!

Now I have a PS3 which doesnt make any noise, with blu ray playback without taking up an extra power plug and the great ratchet and clank and I couldnt be happier!

Its far sexier and a bluetooth remote controller which doesnt stop working when obstructed! What more could I ask for!

Id recommend everyone trade their gear in and go PS3! Sorry ill stop now.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY-HD-DVD View Post
This is a HD DVD Format-Specific Forum not Smackdown, please leave your Blu-glasses at the door
Im not bashing anything. I was just expressing my opinion about the HD DVD addon price reduction and that I dont feel it will impact anything.

No rule to say only HD DVD people can post in here.

Besides I was HD DVD until last week with lots of films and the HD DVD addon. I just traded it all in and went BD is all and im glad I did.

HD DVD is still a great format... its just unfortunately not going to last. An opinion which im basing on the simple fact that most (if not all) shops in the UK are now only sellng BD films.

*shrugs* Dont blame me!

HD DVD has a lot to offer and I loved it when I had it!

Last edited by freekedoutfish; 02-06-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM

It's not a smackdown, simply put, it's the truth.