anyone successfully played stranger than fiction dvd on your 360? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-28-2007, 06:36 AM

Angry anyone successfully played stranger than fiction dvd on your 360?

My wife used the 360 for a couple of movies today, no problem right? I played Gears online for a few hours last night, no problem.

I come home with the DVD of Stranger Than Fiction, put it in my system, it crashes. Reset. Crashes again. Turn off system, turn on again. DEAD. Three red lights of hardware failure. There goes my HD DVD drive until I get the system replaced under my BB PRP. However, I'm waiting on the new model with HDMI coming out May 1st, so I may be waiting awhile.

Anyway, here's the thing. I put Stranger Than Fiction into my laptop and was unsuccessful in playing it there as well. The drive was having major issues accessing the content, even showing it.

I'm convinced this f*cking DVD bricked my 360, and I'm not happy.

So, either somebody please check and see if you can run the movie in your 360, or DON'T put it in your 360 because you might brick it.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusilver View Post
My wife used the 360 for a couple of movies today, no problem right? I played Gears online for a few hours last night, no problem.

I come home with the DVD of Stranger Than Fiction, put it in my system, it crashes. Reset. Crashes again. Turn off system, turn on again. DEAD. Three red lights of hardware failure. There goes my HD DVD drive until I get the system replaced under my BB PRP. However, I'm waiting on the new model with HDMI coming out May 1st, so I may be waiting awhile.

Anyway, here's the thing. I put Stranger Than Fiction into my laptop and was unsuccessful in playing it there as well. The drive was having major issues accessing the content, even showing it.

I'm convinced this f*cking DVD bricked my 360, and I'm not happy.

So, either somebody please check and see if you can run the movie in your 360, or DON'T put it in your 360 because you might brick it.

sounds like something sony would do.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
hahahaha

if you have the BB plan then all you have to do is exchange it in the store w/ no questions asked, i did it once... takes 5 min
Old 02-28-2007, 03:44 PM

right, but like i said, i'm waiting until may 1st to use that option because if there is indeed an hdmi equipped 360 coming out, i'll be using my PRP for that.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
oh you silly silly man.

I would say, if you have tried different copies, then wait for a possible new 360 and switch to that with your PSP
Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 AM

I watched it last night on the add-on and had no problems, I never did watch DVDs in the console before I got the add-on because I'm sort of afraid of wear and tear since I own several movies and rent a lot from Netflix. I did the same thing with the PS2, never watched DVDs on it for the same reason.

Last edited by timbobarry; 03-02-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 AM

Is this the first DVD that you try in your 360. I have never try placing a DVD in my HD DVD drive. I have try placing a game in it. I have heard that Microsoft is replacing the disk drive in 360's - but so far I have no problems except for 360's destroying my Tiger woods game.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:25 AM

well, i have a new 360 now. i contacted microsoft three days in a row, and every time they said, despite my console being under warranty, that they could not process the order for me. first they said call back in 24 hours, then they said 48 hours, then they said call back in three days.

i took it to best buy tonight with my prp and explained the situation to the woman, who smiled a lot and told me that since the SKUs were the same, they wouldn't make use of my PRP. So still have that ready to use in May.

And stranger than fiction works fine on my new system.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
well, i have a new 360 now. i contacted microsoft three days in a row, and every time they said, despite my console being under warranty, that they could not process the order for me. first they said call back in 24 hours, then they said 48 hours, then they said call back in three days.

i took it to best buy tonight with my prp and explained the situation to the woman, who smiled a lot and told me that since the SKUs were the same, they wouldn't make use of my PRP. So still have that ready to use in May.

And stranger than fiction works fine on my new system.
yea. if you took it back to BBY, they are pretty good with returning or exchanging 360's. We see so damn many come back so its just like "meh, here you go. Cya in 6 months"
Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
right, but like i said, i'm waiting until may 1st to use that option because if there is indeed an hdmi equipped 360 coming out, i'll be using my PRP for that.
what if they are able to fix the system? then u get ur old 360 back, don't you??