Cancelled: Goldeneye N64 XBLA port. Petition inside! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 PM

Default Cancelled: Goldeneye N64 XBLA port. Petition inside!

First sign the petition here

Original news story here
Quote:
Why Did GoldenEye XBLA Stall?
Like almost everything in this industry, it came down to money.
By Patrick Klepek, 01/11/2008
If you've read the latest issue of EGM, you've probably cried over the apparently silent death of an Xbox Live Arcade version of Rare and Nintendo's classic James Bond shooter for the Nintendo 64, GoldenEye 007. Quartermann's rumor mongering didn't elaborate much, but there's definitely more to the story.

The GoldenEye port has been in development at Rare for several months, and was never intended as a remake. The XBLA version would have featured the same graphics, maps and weapons from the N64 version, but with the crucial addition of online multiplayer over Xbox Live. Several characters wouldn't make the cut due to licensing issues with certain actors.

Unfortunately, the reason GoldenEye for XBLA died came down to money. Our source close to Rare said the conversion was a mere two months from completion, but Microsoft and Nintendo couldn't agree on the financial side of things. The point of contention, as our source puts it: would Nintendo receive a one-time fee for the rights to the game, or a continuing cut of the XBLA revenues? The latter seems to make sense for everyone, but apparently it wasn't that easy.

From what we're told, the best way to get this port back on track is to show Microsoft and Nintendo how badly you want it. If it all comes down to money, show 'em that you want to give yours. As soon as we hear anything more, we'll let you know.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:00 PM

Already signed.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:45 PM

I hope they make it, i really like that game. Im surprised it hasnt popped up on wii's VC.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:19 PM

I loved that game used to love shooting the guy in the bathroom stall with a shot to the head or killing my friends with the 1 shot golden gun

many sleepless nights playing that game with my friends
Old 01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Formerly wildturkishdude

wow, that game was awesome! i still have it..
Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 PM

I signed also. Nintendo and Microsoft should be ashamed that they could not come an agreement. Any self-respecting gamer would buy this in a heartbeat.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 PM

I just signed, really Nintendo and Microsoft has to think about their customers and its fans