Xbox Freezing - No Red Lights - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-11-2008, 11:43 AM

Default Xbox Freezing - No Red Lights

Wondering if I could score some advice here...

My 360 has been freezing on me on a number of titles. So I call Xbox to get it sent in...tell them my problem and they say there is nothing they can do until I get the 3 red lights.

The lady on the phone tells me that when the unit is freezing I can expect the lights shortly...but obviously Ido not want to wait till the system is completely dead.

What are my options? Did I just get a bad rep? If I said I have the three red lights will they check and call me on it if I send it in?

I am on my third 360...you would think they could give me a break.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 PM

i guess it depends on what type of freezing you are getting. i've been getting some freezing for only like 10 or so seconds on cod4 due to xbox live crapping out. have you been trying to play games on live when the freezing begins?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 PM

Freezing could be many issues...

But if you get RRoD then just send it back...

I got my RRoD and had no warranty (because Im not the original purchaser), and it was a pain to fix...had to clean out the heatsinks and chips and applied some Arctic Silver and replaced a fan...its been months without a RRoD or freeze.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:51 PM

The freezing I am getting occurs at any point during the game. Somtimes I have Live on sometimes not.

I will be playing a game (Assasins Creed, NHL 08) and it will just freeze. I have to turn off the system to get the game working again.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2008, 12:36 AM

I would bet that freezing may be internet related. Or it is on its way to RRoD.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:29 PM

If the freezing is internet (Live) related is there a fix for this?

Thanks again!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:02 PM

if it is live related, then there is no fix for it. it's on microsoft's end.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:20 PM

I have got an elite and mine also freezes,i dont do live and its never hooked upto the net.
If i play for a few hours i can be pretty much sure it will freeze up in that time and will require a reset.
Its not much of a problem cause i will save often knowing that it could happen at anytime.
I dont do many long sesions on it. The 360 is at the top of my rack and is perfectley vented all round.So not a heat build up issue.
Got a year warrenty on it so dont give a crap if it packs up,but all the 3 rod is not great for the public knowing this and then buying a 360.
Is it a widespread problem here in the UK to or mainly the usa ?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:14 PM

my 360 would occasionally freeze on me eventually it froze and when I tried to turn it off and back on I got the red lights. It's possible that eventually you will as well.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsho01 View Post
i guess it depends on what type of freezing you are getting. i've been getting some freezing for only like 10 or so seconds on cod4 due to xbox live crapping out. have you been trying to play games on live when the freezing begins?
yea I have gotten this problem too, I will be running towards cover and the game freezes and the about 10 seconds later it starts working normally again