HD-DVD addon remote question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Default HD-DVD addon remote question

is mine broken? just bought it and the remote eject button works the 360 tray and not the hd-dvd tray...... i'm assuming i have to change a setting, this cant be right
Old 12-28-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post
is mine broken? just bought it and the remote eject button works the 360 tray and not the hd-dvd tray...... i'm assuming i have to change a setting, this cant be right
Mine does the same thing, IDK how to correct it.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:36 PM

That's what it's supposed to do. There's no setting to change it yet.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 PM

yeah they haven't done anything about it so the 360 media remote will open the hd dvd tray so we're stuck having to do it manually and having to get up. also, hopefully on the next update they'll have it to where it'll read the disc and have the hd dvd movie title in the tray of the xbox 360 dashboard. few updates ago they did it for 360 games, now just waiting for them to do it on the hd movies.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post
The remote isn't add-on specific, they've been selling it for a while before the add-on even came out.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:57 AM

the only thing i can see good about that eject button is whenever u have a game and a movie in the console at the same time and u press the eject button the movie will start up!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
the only thing i can see good about that eject button is whenever u have a game and a movie in the console at the same time and u press the eject button the movie will start up!
yeah, then the game you chose to eject will leave the tray open and now what? you've got an open tray showing the game you were last playing showing. so you have to get up and take the game out the disc tray or close it and go back to the hd movie
Old 12-29-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
yeah, then the game you chose to eject will leave the tray open and now what? you've got an open tray showing the game you were last playing showing. so you have to get up and take the game out the disc tray or close it and go back to the hd movie
sorry i typed it wrong i meant whenever you are powering up the console just press the eject button 2 make the game come out then when the movie starts just close it back up!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:31 AM

I agree that this was an oversight for the HD-DVD Player...that being said...

If your going to eject the drive, your going up to the unit anyway...so its not like its asking you to do handstands to change or remove a movie.

But yeah it is sort of a inconvenience given what were used to.

The biggest oversight I think is the PS3 Blu-ray remote...what bluetooth only? It probably costs pennies to include a IR receiver. So it can be compatible with my Logitech 880. I mean Sony sells Uni-remotes too, so this is bull. But like MS they would want to release semi-proprietary equipment for profit...

Not to mention no real "On/Off" switch on the PS3 remote, and that any button press turns the unit on...this may seem like a convenient way to turn the PS3 on , on paper, but in reality its retarded.

Bluetooth is great for range though...which brings me to my next point back to the 360 remote...that IR range is crap, I mean my 880 has at least twice the range at different angles. They should have put that wireless tech they use in their game controllers (which I can use to control the 360 from two rooms away) in that remote.

I hate both the PS3 and 360 remotes for the above reasons.

Sorry kind of went off in a rant there.