Dragon's Lair HD DVD with 1080P? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-10-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Dragon's Lair HD DVD with 1080P?

Hey guys!! Did anyone catch this over the holiday season??

http://www.digitalleisure.com/conten...ess_061107.htm

Quote:
Dragon's Lair Unveiled as First 1080p Game for Microsoft Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

GORMLEY, Ontario , Canada ( November 7, 2006 ) — Classic arcade gamers are in for a treat with the release of Dragon's Lair for the first time in 1080p high definition on the next generation HD DVD format. Dirk the Daring has visited many gaming systems over the years but with this first ever direct film transfer, he has never looked so good.

Dragon's Lair was first introduced in the arcades in 1983 and its laser disc video quality and Don Bluth animation made it an instant smash hit. Now, Digital Leisure and authoring studio Infinite HD Inc. have systematically gone through frame by frame and digitally restored this beloved classic arcade game to full True HD film quality.

“I've seen the newly restored footage and it just looks amazing” says Don Bluth, original creator of Dragon's Lair. “It looks even better than I can remember. The visuals, the 5.1 surround sound audio, all I can say is ‘Wow!' Now a whole new generation can enjoy Dragon's Lair all over again.”

All special features on the disc are in full 1080p HD including new interviews with creators Don Bluth, Gary Goldman and Rick Dyer, and even a full length visual commentary of the game.

Digital Leisure plans to follow up Dragon's Lair HD DVD with the release of Space Ace and Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp in the HD DVD format over the coming months.

Dragon's Lair HD DVD will be available this holiday season at many fine game and movie retailers as well as at www.digitalleisure.com .

Digital Leisure is a leading publisher of interactive video-based titles. The company remasters video-intensive titles that would benefit from the superior video and audio quality of DVD and the newest High Definition formats.
I haven't seen the game released yet, but I'm going to find out from the press contacts.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:25 PM

I'm SOOOO There.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Dude, I loved Dragon's Lair as a kid. I'm on it like a fat kid on ice cream.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:00 PM

We've carried Digital Leisure's releases in the past, but this comes as news to us. We haven't received any order information on the title from them yet. My guess is that they are having issues with getting the HD-DVD to work and have delayed it. Once it's released it'll definately be a plus for the format.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:32 AM

You can pre-order it now on Digital Leisure's website for $49.95 on HD DVD. Though it does say to be released Dec '06.

There is a link on their store for the Xbox 360 but there is no "xbox 360" version is listed.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
There is a link on their store for the Xbox 360 but there is no "xbox 360" version is listed.
I think it's just marketing to get 360 users interested, Especially since the majority of HD DVD players out are the 360/HD Drive combo.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohgami View Post
I think it's just marketing to get 360 users interested, Especially since the majority of HD DVD players out are the 360/HD Drive combo.
Yeah, after seeing that I assumed the HD DVD version is what they referring too. It'd be kind of a tough game to come up with achievements for anyway.