Update RROD'd my console, should I wait to get a new one? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Update RROD'd my console, should I wait to get a new one?

After downloading the update the other day, not five minutes afterwards while I was navigating the new media blade it froze. I have the 2yr Circuit City protection plan so I can take it in today and walk out with a brand new one, no questions asked. If I do this and the update does it again this would be a waste of time, any thoughts?

- I've had this console since May '06 with no issues till now.

- Also, HDD space isn't a big deal to me, is the Halo edition just as good as the Elite in all other respects?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthephasdin View Post
After downloading the update the other day, not five minutes afterwards while I was navigating the new media blade it froze. I have the 2yr Circuit City protection plan so I can take it in today and walk out with a brand new one, no questions asked. If I do this and the update does it again this would be a waste of time, any thoughts?

- I've had this console since May '06 with no issues till now.

- Also, HDD space isn't a big deal to me, is the Halo edition just as good as the Elite in all other respects?

It seems with every update there are consoles that brick up. I highly doubt it will happen again. If I was you I would just go to Circuit City and get a brand new console.

If you really had your heart set on a new xbox, then yes the Halo edition is the same as the Elite, except for the paint job and the 120gb HDD.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM

I've been reading threads on a bunch of different forums about the update causing a meltdown. How do I know it's not going to do it to a new one the minute I hook up on live?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I've been reading threads on a bunch of different forums about the update causing a meltdown. How do I know it's not going to do it to a new one the minute I hook up on live?
Well mine and my roommates updated without a problem. For some reason everytime there is a dashboard update, there are people who have xboxes crash. Maybe there are older models, maybe they are unlucky? Who knows.

Does your Circuit City warranty only allow one exchange? You paid a lot of money for that piece of hardware, they should keep giving you one until it works (thats how Best Buy works). Even if you decide not to exchange it and get a brand new one, you should at least send the old one into Microsoft and get it repaired. You can always sell that unit away to a friend or something.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:45 PM

After one month, I would have to pay for another 2 yr protection plan, so I guess I'd be covered. My 360 was purchased back in May of last year also, so I got alot of time out of that one compared to alot of users I hear about.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:39 AM

Mine is still kicking arse... bought mine late July... 360 first gen. with HDMI... So far so good... No issues. Playing like 6-9 hours non stop and no issues... I also bought 2 yr extended warranty from BB, just to be safe than sorry...
Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

i have a halo edition 360. runs perfect. much smoother and cooler than my premium launch console did.