Strike to Video Marketplace... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Strike to Video Marketplace...

What are your thoughts on the announcement of the partnership between Amazon's Unbox download service and Tivo to bring content in your living room?

I think it may give Video Marketplace on XBL a run for its money in terms of the number of Tivo users out there. MS really needs to add more content. They're spacing out the releases (like the Arcade games) for profit.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM

Do a lot of people still use TiVo? I would've thought they got run out since Cable providers all offer their own DVR now.

I'm a huge Xbox fanboy but don't really have too much interest in "renting" movies through their. I use bittorrent for any movies that I don't buy on HD DVD.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted View Post
What are your thoughts on the announcement of the partnership between Amazon's Unbox download service and Tivo to bring content in your living room?

I think it may give Video Marketplace on XBL a run for its money in terms of the number of Tivo users out there. MS really needs to add more content. They're spacing out the releases (like the Arcade games) for profit.
Also WalMart announced their download service for movies yesterday. I think it's great to have more choices to keep prices down.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted View Post

If I remember correctly, Amazon Unbox downloads already work on the 360. In any case, the real advantage Video Marketplace has over these other services is that the content is in HD and Dolby Digital. Good luck getting other download services to work in HD and DD in your living room without having to install a full on Media Center PC there.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:02 AM

i think the competition is a good thing for Microsoft