The ring of DOOM. :( - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2007, 06:53 AM

Default The ring of DOOM. :(

Well. My 2nd 360 crapped out on me today. I just bought Rock Band a few days ago too, so of course it had to crap out on me. Luckily one of my buddies bought RB too. I tried the towel trick in hopes to have my Xbox running for a few days until I get my box to send it back to Microsoft, unfortunately it didn't work.

I'm almost tempted to buy a premium now that they have HDMI, and to sell off my old one after I get it back from repairs. I'm also tempted just to say f it since I really don't have any money to burn and just get my RB fix over my buddies house for now.

It really wouldn't be that big of a deal if I just hadn't of bought Rock Band since I have a Wii and PS3, but any suggestions on what I should do for now?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsl141 View Post
Well. My 2nd 360 crapped out on me today. I just bought Rock Band a few days ago too, so of course it had to crap out on me. Luckily one of my buddies bought RB too. I tried the towel trick in hopes to have my Xbox running for a few days until I get my box to send it back to Microsoft, unfortunately it didn't work.

I'm almost tempted to buy a premium now that they have HDMI, and to sell off my old one after I get it back from repairs. I'm also tempted just to say f it since I really don't have any money to burn and just get my RB fix over my buddies house for now.

It really wouldn't be that big of a deal if I just hadn't of bought Rock Band since I have a Wii and PS3, but any suggestions on what I should do for now?
Get another 360.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:59 AM

take rock band back and get the ps3 version if you must
Old 11-30-2007, 11:53 AM

buy another 360 and get a warranty from bb. it's the best course of action for the 360's chance of crapping out.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsl141 View Post
My friend got the RROD on his old premium 360 (no HDMI). The replacement 360 Microsoft sent him back is a newer premium (with HDMI). Not saying you will get the same results, but you never know. I have had 2 360s crap out on me. I bought a second to have a spare & for travel.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash View Post
take rock band back and get the ps3 version if you must
That was my first thought. My second thought was there is no way in hell I'm going to repack that RB set. It took me at least 30 mins to unpack it the first time.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:27 PM

this is one of the worst hardware problems for microsoft. i have never seen anything this bad for a console that is out from 2005 still have problems. i understand every console has problems, but the 360 in terms of how its BUILT is terrible. Lack of vents inside the metal casing and chip placement is the root of the problem. I do hope that the new console is much better constructed.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Take the 360 back to Wal*mart and tell em ya bought it 2 weeks ago and no reciept. Eh, works for movies anyway.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:06 AM

Defiantly send it back to MS to get it fixed. I am on my second xbox, and my last repair turn around took over a month. So you have to ask yourself how long you can last without your 360. There are more games to play for the Wii now, and heck, there are even some decent games for the PS3. Bottom line, just go buy a new premium, and sell the repaired one once you get it back.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 AM

My 1-year warranty for the 360 is almost gone, but I have a 3-year warranty with Future Shop... So next time my Xbox360 red-rings on me, I'm trading mine in at FS for a nice, new, shiny Premium with HDMI and all the bells and whistles they'll have a year and a bit down the road...