More Features Announced by Xbox Japan - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Default More Features Announced by Xbox Japan

Microsoft in Japan just held a press conference giving more specifics on exactly what will be in the Fall '07 Update. It looks to be the most obvious feature will be a redesign of how menus flow as you drop down below the Marketplace Downloads and Video Marketplace. Microsoft Japan is calling it "twist" a vertical menu that is filtered horizontally more like the XMB and is actually the same UI used in the Zune.

Other confirmed features will be the ability to delete Arcade demos from your Played Games and Gamerscore lists. A "personal profile" which is a 500-1000 character extended profile. And the top level of "marketplace" has been reorganized and reduced to four categories: "Recommended Content," "What's New," "Game Store," and "Video Store". More below:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/27/36...d-by-ms-japan/
Old 11-27-2007, 04:21 PM

i like the feature where arcade demos go away from your gamerscore. i hate seeing the demos while looking at the score. it never made sense why it was included. i don't own the game, so why would i want it in my gamertag. regular game demos aren't included int he gamertag, so why would the arcade demos be?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsho01 View Post
i like the feature where arcade demos go away from your gamerscore. i hate seeing the demos while looking at the score. it never made sense why it was included. i don't own the game, so why would i want it in my gamertag. regular game demos aren't included int he gamertag, so why would the arcade demos be?
I've read it's so the achievements you earn while you play the demo can be collected when you actually purchase the game. You don't have to replay a section of the arcade game again to re-earn them. Lame reason if you ask me. It annoys me to see them on my list too. I'll be happy to take those demos off.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:15 PM

I am interested to see these new features with the menus and friend list. Honestly I am most excited about getting rid of all those arcade demos off my gamertag.