I hope you didn't buy into the Assassin's Creed Limited "Collector's Edition" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM

Default I hope you didn't buy into the Assassin's Creed Limited "Collector's Edition"

Contents of the Limited Collector's Edition

Front of the Tin

Back of Tin

Comparison

Inside of Tin

3" Altair figure (They actually packed it well, in a nice plastic molding)

PA Comic Inside (It's about 10 pages or so)

Mini Strategy Guide

Amazingly, they also decided to include the original game case, which is nice, if you want to use the tin as a nice keepsake box.

Inside of Case (the game disc is in the 360)

Mini Art Book

Bonus disc

It seriously wasn't worth it. If you want Assassin's Creed, pick up the regular edition, and don't get jipped like I did.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 PM

what is it like $10 bucks more than the regular edition? from the looks of it, it looks like the extra $10 was worth it. sorry to hear you are disappointed.

ever since i bought the limited edition halo 3 set, i've been more into this kind of stuff. i never was before, but the cases appealed to me for some reason.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsho01 View Post
what is it like $10 bucks more than the regular edition? from the looks of it, it looks like the extra $10 was worth it. sorry to hear you are disappointed.

ever since i bought the limited edition halo 3 set, i've been more into this kind of stuff. i never was before, but the cases appealed to me for some reason.
The Gears of War set was worth it. The Limited Edition of Halo 3 was worth it. I opened that huge box and found that thing nearly empty and was all, "wow... amazing."
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM

I also bought the CE of Assassin's Creed and am a bit disappointed with it. Such a big case for very little inside.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 AM

For an extra $10, I'm satisfied with the extras in the Limited Edition. Extra disc, comic, strategy guide AND a figure...what else did you expect?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Banned

It's only $10....you get that in the nice big metal case and the figure alone...not to mention the other stuff in there.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 AM

I didn't pre-order one so I couldn't get one. I love the game though. I pre-ordered GTA CE though.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Wow. I was expecting a larger figure. They were totally sold out of AC:LE - 360 at my Best Buy. Now I don't really feel to bad about not being able to get it. (Except I like the Penny Arcade guys.) Quite a few PS3:LEs still there.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustoMan View Post
Wow. I was expecting a larger figure. They were totally sold out of AC:LE - 360 at my Best Buy. Now I don't really feel to bad about not being able to get it. (Except I like the Penny Arcade guys.) Quite a few PS3:LEs still there.
There's the "Collector's Edition" that's coming out soon, that will have a 12" Statue that looks so much better. Why Gamestop isn't stocking it is beyond me.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randellg View Post
I didn't pre-order one so I couldn't get one. I love the game though. I pre-ordered GTA CE though.
i went to gamestop the day after it was released, right before they were going to close... it was around 8:30... asked the guy if they had any copies... he said he had to ask the manager if they can sell the pre-ordered ones they had left... the manager said, "go ahead, i doubt anyone is going to come in at this time and pick up their copy."... so i got the limited edition...

gamestop has a policy that they will hold your pre-order for 2 days... i did the same thing with Call of Duty 4 limited edition...

i was hoping to get something more from that big tin box also... the figure looks cheap... if the game that comes with it is also what the standard edition gets(artbook preview, bonus dvd),i'll be pissed... bonus dvd is usually what makes it limited edtion...