I got my 360 back (sort of)... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Default I got my 360 back (sort of)...

Well, my Xbox 360 came back today after a 3 week turn around. not bad considering they said it would take about 3-4 weeks. I had a hardware problem with the console, but it wasn't the RRoD. I don't know what went wrong with it, but it just crapped out.

I opened it as soon as i got it and looked to see if i got mine back or someone else's old console. as it turns out i got a pretty new console. not a single scratch or mark on the console. the build date is 10/29/07, so this is very exciting to hear because that was only a couple of weeks ago. the standard free month of live helps out too. my gf couldn't wait for the 360 to come in, so we can watch hd dvds over at her place. ah this is a good day.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM

Built 10/29? It's almost like they took it right off the production line and boxed it up for you. That's awesome.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:16 PM

thats pretty cool man. Let us know how it works out for you and if its quieter than your old one.
I think my original one had a date of feb 05 and I got one back with 06...but thats still not as recent as yours.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onavarr8 View Post
thats pretty cool man. Let us know how it works out for you and if its quieter than your old one.
I think my original one had a date of feb 05 and I got one back with 06...but thats still not as recent as yours.

yeah i have a falcon premium that i bought about a month ago. it's so quiet compared to the one i sent in. i won't be trying this new 360 til the weekend, but i'm hoping it's another falcon for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Park View Post
Built 10/29? It's almost like they took it right off the production line and boxed it up for you. That's awesome.

yeah i know it's awesome. the only thing though is that it doesn't have hdmi. that's what's so confusing. it has such a late manuf. date and no hdmi. i don't need or anything, but i thought all models have hdmi now?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM

maybe they're redooing a batch without hdmi for the ones that failed...and the ones that will fail?
I think they expect a lot more to crap out as they extended the warrante to 3 years,
there's barely anyone I know who had a 360 prior to HDMI elites that hasn't had them crap out...

I think what did in my first 360 was that damn mlb 2k6

I have my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with my elite...
anyone know if the elite has same problems...it was made in 07/22/07
Old 11-19-2007, 05:36 PM

Sent my 360 in to get repaired on 11/6, and just got a new console back today (less than 2 weeks turn-around!) Anyways, my manufactured date is 10-26-07, seems like a brand new console, but again like the previous poster mentioned, no HDMI port. Very impressed with the turn-around, I'll report back tomorrow with how it runs.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:14 PM

i used the 360 that i got in the mail over the weekend and man that thing is quiet. it has the newest cd drive (which i heard runs a lot quieter than the previous ones (i had the first drive - way too loud)). it runs cooler than the previous one too. i'm glad and hope this was the last time i have to send it in.