Remember When...? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-29-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Remember When...?

Does any one remember the launch of the 360 or am I just the only one who hasn't forgotten that all of their launch games sucked, even the high anticipated perfect dark game was next to aweful. I'm tired of hearing people talk crap about the ps3 because there were some terrible launch games...its funny how easily people forget that the 360 has been out for over a year. It's true Sony has some catching up to do but I don't think people realize that launch games don't display a systems true power and those of you that think that way need to stfu
Old 01-29-2007, 04:50 PM

but didnt you know, the cool thing for the "webies" these days is to bash Sony
Old 01-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
Does any one remember the launch of the 360 or am I just the only one who hasn't forgotten that all of their launch games sucked, even the high anticipated perfect dark game was next to aweful. I'm tired of hearing people talk crap about the ps3 because there were some terrible launch games...its funny how easily people forget that the 360 has been out for over a year. It's true Sony has some catching up to do but I don't think people realize that launch games don't display a systems true power and those of you that think that way need to stfu
I think it is odd that you addressing your message to the people who will probably agree with you. Why preach to the converted? If you want this thread moved to the 360 section let me know...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
I think it is odd that you addressing your message to the people who will probably agree with you. Why preach to the converted? If you want this thread moved to the 360 section let me know...
Because they won't believe it anyways (WHERE'S YOUR PROOF!) or say "yeah, you're right it was that way" even if you did post it over there. About all you'll get is "you'Re GhEyStaTion SuXxorZ!" There's alot of hatred out there, very misdirected I might add.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Yeah, I bought into the 360 hype and the only games I owned for about 5 months was Ghost Recon & C.O.D. because everything else sucked and wasn't worth buying. And Ghost Recon got old pretty quick. So one year later and I still only own about 3 games that are worth my time. I bought a couple more, but they suck ass. And the ones out or coming out that look pretty good are coming to PS3 as well, so I think I'll wait for those (Army of Two, Rainbow Six, Oblivion, Call of Duty 3, Brothers In Arms, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed, etc...)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:36 PM

I would agre the first couple of months are very similar. Very few titles and titles not taking full advantage of the hardware.

PS3 is in infancy, Sony like Microsoft is very good about providing updates. Also this time a year ago, 360 had similar number of users. Next Christmas season should be huge PS3 season.

PS3 content is growning - at least 16 or more games are coming out in March alone. Likely more than twice that by the end of summer. PS3 also have very good compatibility with older PS2 - I yet found one in my collection that doesn't work. I can't say that for the 360 and original XBox.

What is ironic about this situation is that what hurts the PS3 is anti-Sony fans on the Internet. Similar stuff happens with Microsoft Windows.

The question here is how can Sony and its PS3 fan base improve the situation.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:35 AM

Most of my friends rushed the 360. The hype machine got us. Sighh but honestly most of us didnt buy games till march.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
Or maybe this could have been moved to the Smackdown area since this post was meant to enflame people to begin with.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:23 AM

Call of Duty 2 was a very good launch game I thought. I also liked Perfect Dark Zero... it wasn't perfect but it was pretty good for multiplayer.

Even gears can't play more than 2 players and if online only single player.

My friend still loves DOA4 and thats pretty much the only game he plays, I never got into that one myself though.

I also though Kameo had great graphics and showed off the system very well for an early game.

I'm not big into racing games but PGR3 got good reviews.

It would've been nice to have Oblivion as a launch game but more than a year later it still doesn't even have a PS3 release date yet.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 AM

Why is this in the hd-dvd video game section?

Why do you guys keep talking about no good games on 360? Can't you come up with something else?

Check the other thread in "SmackDown" with list of great games on 360.

Developers love 360 and hate PS3, 360 has taken exclusives away from PS3.
360 has Xbox live with classic old games and some new games.

Did you guys forget that PS3 was 6 months delayed, what was going on during the delay with game development?? How come you don't understand that? Why are the games on PS3 getting delayed all the time or cancelled. NBA LIVE was cancelled on PS3.

360 games cleaned up at the video games awards...so again I ask who should people believe a bunch of disgruntled PS3 owners or the developers, happy 360 owners, gaming magazines folks etc?