Question to those who work at Best Buy.. Warranties - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Banned

Default Question to those who work at Best Buy.. Warranties

Just out of curiousity..

I went to exchange my 360 elite from April, when it was 479.99.

Its now 449.99, and I didnt get 30 bucks back.

Did best buy fix it so even if the item drops in price you don't get any money back?

(I know its not smackdown, but couldn't find a decent enough thread to post it in ..)
Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 PM

To my knowledge they only allow you to get your money back within 30 days of purchase in the case of pricedrops.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Just out of curiousity..

I went to exchange my 360 elite from April, when it was 479.99.

Its now 449.99, and I didnt get 30 bucks back.

Did best buy fix it so even if the item drops in price you don't get any money back?

(I know its not smackdown, but couldn't find a decent enough thread to post it in ..)
What was wrong (if anything) with your old one? I ask because I wanted to exchange mine too. I have a Premium (that hasn't had any problems) and the two year product replacement plan through Best Buy, but I want an Elite for the HDMI and bigger HDD. But, I have no need of a second console.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanthaPoodoo View Post
What was wrong (if anything) with your old one? I ask because I wanted to exchange mine too. I have a Premium (that hasn't had any problems) and the two year product replacement plan through Best Buy, but I want an Elite for the HDMI and bigger HDD. But, I have no need of a second console.
My launch elite RROD while playing timeshift. Took it in, was a huge ass hassle.

I know most of the people there at the return department, dated a few of them.

But I had one hellish of an experience returning it, it had RROD but they didnt believe me, and they tested it once and it was fine, then plugged in the video source (duh...) and it rrod.

They give you the full amount you paid, and you can put it for the elite, youll be paying a little extra, but u can do what I did and sell the marvel/forza 2 combo for 40 bucks and be okay with it
Old 11-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
My launch elite RROD while playing timeshift. Took it in, was a huge ass hassle.

But I had one hellish of an experience returning it, it had RROD but they didnt believe me, and they tested it once and it was fine, then plugged in the video source (duh...) and it rrod.

They give you the full amount you paid, and you can put it for the elite, youll be paying a little extra, but u can do what I did and sell the marvel/forza 2 combo for 40 bucks and be okay with it
Which ones....

Old 11-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:

Dammit. They do test it, huh. I've had zero problems with mine so I guess I'm stuck. But I figure Its got a 33% chance of failure, so I'll just hope it happens within the next few months.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanthaPoodoo View Post
Dammit. They do test it, huh. I've had zero problems with mine so I guess I'm stuck. But I figure Its got a 33% chance of failure, so I'll just hope it happens within the next few months.
Thats the first time in two years ive gone to that store they tested it, the girl was new, the others I know trust me enough to know if I return something its dead, like my friends hD DVD player, my old TV, etc.

You can get lucky and sometimes you can't.. but its the first time ive ever had problems at that store.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:52 PM

Your back......

Welcome back
Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Which ones....

ZOMGBBQ
Old 11-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Special Member

Moved this thread to HD DVD Video Game Consoles.