New attachment supplies array of ports for 360 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-28-2007, 04:33 AM

Default New attachment supplies array of ports for 360

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/27/g...ubs-its-ports/

A third party company has made another cooler attachment, but this one also connects with the 360's AV out, so there's no need to buy separate cables from MS, which you have to extend if they aren't long enough. The attachment provides a VGA port, a component port, and optical out, standard R/L audio, composite video, s-video, Ethernet port and a 4 port USB hub. It would have been nice to have some 5.1 analog audio-outs, or an HDMI connection, but that would require a software mod by Microsoft, so that probably won't be coming. Good to know that we don't have to use MS's proprietary cables anymore though, so bring on the monster cables!

Last edited by Pat H; 01-28-2007 at 04:43 AM.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:57 PM

They already have Monster cables for the 360. They have the GameLink line of cables and those are flawless. I would have bought this, but they did not keep the proprietary port and thus making my $70 Monster cable obsolete...and that is a no no.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned

that right there pat h.... is, VERY NICE!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 AM

It should be pointed out that this voids your Warr. So just know that you are risking them not fixing or replacing your box if it breaks. They can tell if you use a product like this. They were telling all the people that used the other cooler to get bent when their boxes died.

Use at your own risk.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
It should be pointed out that this voids your Warr. So just know that you are risking them not fixing or replacing your box if it breaks. They can tell if you use a product like this. They were telling all the people that used the other cooler to get bent when their boxes died.

Use at your own risk.
I'm assuming the cooler attachments are detachable. So in that case, how would they know what you used, if anything. That is unless you're brutally honest with these sort of things, and confess everything you've done that could have affected the unit That's like having your TV die and saying..well there was that one time when I accidentally gave it a good bump with my elbow
Old 01-29-2007, 12:58 PM

I wouldn't mind picking one of these up.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
I'm assuming the cooler attachments are detachable. So in that case, how would they know what you used, if anything. That is unless you're brutally honest with these sort of things, and confess everything you've done that could have affected the unit That's like having your TV die and saying..well there was that one time when I accidentally gave it a good bump with my elbow
People in that situation aren't really "brutally honest" they just don't think that admiting to it is bad. If they knew it voids the warranty then they probably would not tell the Microsoft guy.

When I worked at the Geek Squad and people brought their laptop over sometimes they would say things that would result in me saying:

"Why did you tell me that? If you would not have told me that we could have serviced your laptop. But now that you said that, we can't service the laptop. (In a quiet voice) Go to another Best Buy, tell them you don't why your laptop won't work and they will get it fixed for you."