New movies available for download on xbox live - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-26-2007, 05:32 PM

Default New movies available for download on xbox live

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164790...stnews;title;1

Hopefully Lionsgate will be bringing their movies to hd-dvd too

Microsoft has proven that its Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360 is about more than just games. Late last year, the electronics giant revealed a new video service for its console's online service--one that lets Xbox 360 owners download TV shows, movies, and other video clips in both standard and high definition.

The greenhouse effect--scary!
Even more movies are coming to the service. Xbox Live director of programming Larry Hryb, also known as Major Nelson, posted a list of new flicks coming this week.

Fright-fests and new content from Lionsgate dominate the list, with horrors such as the estrogen-fueled spelunking-adventure-gone-wrong The Descent, the Maryland-folklore-documentary-gone-wrong Blair Witch Project, and the human-impact-on-Earth-gone-wrong An Inconvenient Truth. But not all of the new movies will leave gamers hiding under the covers and buying hybrid cars; eccentric comedies Broken Lizard's Beerfest and John Waters' Cecil B. Demented are also on the list.

For those who prefer something for free, Nicktoons is offering one episode of the animated show Skyland at no charge through Monday, January 29.

New Video Content on Xbox Live Marketplace
(HD indicates content available in high definition)
Skyland (Episode One free through 1/29)
Wild World of Spike
An Inconvenient Truth
Beerfest (HD)
The Descent (HD)
American Haunting (HD)
See No Evil (HD)
Cecil B. Demented (HD)
Requiem for a Dream (HD)
Wickerman (HD)
Lady in the Water (HD)

[UPDATE] GamerScore Blog, a Web site maintained by Microsoft's marketing team, reports that the following movies are also available: Made, World Trade Center, Hard Candy, and Barnyard
Old 01-28-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm terribly disapointed with Paramounts support on XBOX Marketplace. They have still yet to release one movie in HD. All of their movies are 480P. I was really hoping for more from them (i.e. Star Trek Generations in HD). I also think their pricing scheme is way to pricy, a HD movie download is $6.50 for a one-time viewing. Unless I really like the movie that's too much.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickherum View Post
I'm terribly disapointed with Paramounts support on XBOX Marketplace. They have still yet to release one movie in HD. All of their movies are 480P. I was really hoping for more from them (i.e. Star Trek Generations in HD). I also think their pricing scheme is way to pricy, a HD movie download is $6.50 for a one-time viewing. Unless I really like the movie that's too much.
The standard versions are cheaper but for now we have to pay more for hd. You have 24 hrs to watch move not just one time.

Yes I agree we should see more from Paramount. They've only being doing this for a couple of months so there will be more great movies coming.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:49 PM

watching Hard Candy right now (another Lions Gate download) and the sound isn't good as the sound from hd-dvd drive. The picture looks good at 720p.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepain4u View Post
watching Hard Candy right now (another Lions Gate download) and the sound isn't good as the sound from hd-dvd drive. The picture looks good at 720p.
That movie disturbed me. Well done, but as a man...with all his parts intact...my god.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

I dont know, The Wicker Man still bothers me. WTF kind of ending was that?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensan View Post
That movie disturbed me. Well done, but as a man...with all his parts intact...my god.
I just threw up, this movie is sick!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepain4u View Post
The standard versions are cheaper but for now we have to pay more for hd. You have 24 hrs to watch move not just one time.

Yes I agree we should see more from Paramount. They've only being doing this for a couple of months so there will be more great movies coming.
wait...what? you can only watch the movie during a 24hour period
Old 01-28-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidevil98 View Post
I dont know, The Wicker Man still bothers me. WTF kind of ending was that?

I haven't seen it yet, should I buy on hd-dvd or just download it?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
wait...what? you can only watch the movie during a 24hour period
How long do you need? You have up to 14 days to watch but once you start you only have 24 hrs to view.