Red Ring of Death-Finally happened to me! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 41
Default Red Ring of Death-Finally happened to me!

Well, I finally got the "red ring of death". I've had my 360 for a little over a year and always thought the 360 problems were over-blown. I never had a problem, until last night. I turned it on, then, the red ring!
I now feel I'm truly part of the 360 club. I now hear that people have sent their 360's back two or three times to be repaired.
I'm just glad I bought the extra protection plan through Circuit City. I wish I could just exchange it, but I have to send it away for Circuit City to look at. I'm sending it back tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it back within the next couple of weeks.
Very dissapointed.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,915
Default

it would make a perfect case for the x-files, wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,173
Default

You have my sympathies... I just mailed mine back in the MS coffin yesterday. I miss Puzzle Quest already.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,464
Default My Condolences

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 AM
deano 177's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 498
Default

Oh, pac, that is some funny shiz!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
ferrando's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderscully View Post
Well, I finally got the "red ring of death". I've had my 360 for a little over a year and always thought the 360 problems were over-blown. I never had a problem, until last night. I turned it on, then, the red ring!
I now feel I'm truly part of the 360 club. I now hear that people have sent their 360's back two or three times to be repaired.
I'm just glad I bought the extra protection plan through Circuit City. I wish I could just exchange it, but I have to send it away for Circuit City to look at. I'm sending it back tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it back within the next couple of weeks.
Very dissapointed.
You know Microsoft extended your factory warranty to 3 years right? And if someone other than them opens that box you've voided that warranty too, right? I'd call Microsoft directly... they'll send you a box, for free, you ship it to them, for free, they'll send you an entirely new Xbox.... for free. And you may get one with the improved heat sink, and who knows... maybe a 65nm chip. They built the thing, let them fix it... not some retailer who will half-ass the repair.

Of course, I hate extended warranties and that they actually exist. I had the ORIGINAL Sony Discman from like 1989. It died in 1998... so in other words I just BARELY missed the 90 day factory warranty cutoff. They paid for the shipping for me to send it to them, and sent me back not only the thing repaired, but a whole new Discman. Of course CD Players were dirt cheap at that time, but that's not the point. The point was, I didn't have an extended warranty... extended warranties are garbage, any CE manufacturer that stands by their products will work with you to repair their product.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderscully View Post
Well, I finally got the "red ring of death". I've had my 360 for a little over a year and always thought the 360 problems were over-blown. I never had a problem, until last night. I turned it on, then, the red ring!
I now feel I'm truly part of the 360 club. I now hear that people have sent their 360's back two or three times to be repaired.
I'm just glad I bought the extra protection plan through Circuit City. I wish I could just exchange it, but I have to send it away for Circuit City to look at. I'm sending it back tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it back within the next couple of weeks.
Very dissapointed.

youre saying that you bought Circuit Cities extended warranty/protection plan, the item failed within this plan and theyre not going to exchange the item for you?

if so..thats some shitty customer service.

why would you (or they) have to send it anywhere? I buy a lot of things from circuit city, never purchased their extended warranty. If this is true, I never will either.

something similiar happened to a friend of mine through circuit city. however, they lost his item (it was a reciever). they also claimed they had no record of him returning it to them even though he had a reciept. it wasnt entered in their system. He gave up after more than a year of going around in circles with them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Papa View Post
youre saying that you bought Circuit Cities extended warranty/protection plan, the item failed within this plan and theyre not going to exchange the item for you?

if so..thats some shitty customer service.

why would you (or they) have to send it anywhere? I buy a lot of things from circuit city, never purchased their extended warranty. If this is true, I never will either.

something similiar happened to a friend of mine through circuit city. however, they lost his item (it was a reciever). they also claimed they had no record of him returning it to them even though he had a reciept. it wasnt entered in their system. He gave up after more than a year of going around in circles with them.
That's why you go to Best Buy. Nothing wrong with my Premie, but I got to upgrade to an Elite through their plan.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 939
Default

Ya, next time, go with Best Buy's protection plan. You would have talked in with the bad 360 (have to bring all the goodies) and walked out with a brand new one that day. I figure what CC may do is send it to the service center, confirm RRoD, and authorize your replacement in store.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
spaceace's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoody View Post
Ya, next time, go with Best Buy's protection plan. You would have talked in with the bad 360 (have to bring all the goodies) and walked out with a brand new one that day. I figure what CC may do is send it to the service center, confirm RRoD, and authorize your replacement in store.
Which is still garbage. WHy pay the extra $$$ than? They might even fix it, or make a lame excuse of an attempt to fix it. The n you will have to eventually go bak to the store again.

Request a new one. Three weeks without the item you paid extra for. Thay have had your $$ all that time working for them. Thay should give you a new one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is "E74" the Xbox 360's new Red Ring of Death? nyc20012001 Gaming Smackdown 8 03-22-2009 11:00 PM
$990m Bill for Xbox Red Ring of Death Stranger Danger Gaming Smackdown 48 07-09-2008 08:32 PM
Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death experiences/info/reccomondations? watchtower41 HD DVD and Video Game Consoles 36 11-24-2007 03:51 PM
Red Ring of Death Crazz HD DVD and Video Game Consoles 15 08-13-2007 08:29 AM
Official XBox 360 Hardware Failure (Red Ring of Death) discussion thread Hus3 Gaming Smackdown 166 04-23-2007 02:51 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off