little problem with my hd-dvd 360 add on - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 PM

Default little problem with my hd-dvd 360 add on

hey guys i love my HD DVDS.. come thursday im gonna be picking up transformers and top gun to add to my collection. ive been having a small issue with my add-on though.. sometimes when a movie is loading up right after the HD DVD intro it freezes and my add-on powers off but my 360 remains on.. i have to reboot the 360 small problem but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Banned

Its the add-on loading the web enabled features odds are.. give it ten minutes or so.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Its the add-on loading the web enabled features odds are.. give it ten minutes or so.
I would think the same thing except that he says it "shuts down". If this is true and you are loosing power to the add on then it may be a hardware issue. I would just make sure all the power connections are tight.

Also, are you sure that the power is going off? It may just be loading the web content as previously stated. If it is just freezing you can wait for the content to load OR turn off the network capability of the add-on through the add-ons options menu. Does this happen on all discs or specific ones only? If it is just specific discs then which ones? If it is random and it doesn't matter which disc is in then I would think it is either a power issue or hardware issue.

If it IS shutting down then you just want to make sure that you have it properly ventilated and that the power cords are secure and not loose. Besides that if it still doesnt work then you may need a replacement.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:01 AM

Have you tried clearing the memory on the add-on?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:06 AM

it has happen since i bought it.. i think it may be on universal titles.. right after the universal intro when it shows the HD DVD sign come flying towards the screen it freezes.. and the light turns off of the HD DVD drive... i also cannot return to the dashboard... it only happens like id say once every 5 or 6 times.. after i reboot the 360 it makes it through the intro.. i was thinking of replacing my drive soon after i bought it but decidid not too as i dont see it as a big deal cuz once i restart the 360 it plays fine..
Old 10-24-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z22_Z33 View Post
Have you tried clearing the memory on the add-on?
how do i do this?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:25 AM

Go to Memory on your dashboard and select the HD DVD drive. Problem is, the files are named, so any web-related stuff can be accidentally erased and you'll have to load them again when you put in a disc (like Knocked Up and Transformers).

The web-related stuff are usually the larger files.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:10 AM

i was having problems loading certain movies and the people here told me to clear that memory now my add-on won't play at all. $180 paper weight.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMattyP View Post
i was having problems loading certain movies and the people here told me to clear that memory now my add-on won't play at all. $180 paper weight.
did you contact M$ or anybody? I've cleared my memory b4 b/c knocked up was locking up and it worked flawlessly.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

When I used to have my add on before my A2 it never had a problem playing anything...not even Planet Earth or the combos.