Guitar Hero 3 XBOX 360 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Guitar Hero 3 XBOX 360

What do you all think so far of Guitar Hero 3 for XBOX 360? I just played the demo from the oxm magazine and it's pretty good so far. Reminds of gh2 with a few updated things like the song list of course, online play now, going to be a wireless guitar for those who choose to buy the $99.99 bundle, downloadable content, etc. The graphics to me were just a little bit better but I love pearl jam and to have even flow on there was awesome. The game will be released next sunday October 28, 2007 and it will be my birthday on that same day so i'm going to be getting that for myself as a good nifty gift and rock out all day to that! you know!!! I heard you can use the gh2 guitar also on here so i'm waiting and hoping it is true so I won't have to buy an extra guitar for the random friends and people who stop by to play so we can all rock on!!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 PM

I will be downloading the demo on the xbl marketplace tommorrow. But i gotta say its super overshadowed by rock band.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:13 PM

rock band is okay if you're going to have a party, lot of friends over or a family that will play it on a regular basis. I personally am the only gamer in the house and will probably have 1-2 people over at a time to come play with me so i'm sticking with gh3 for now. But, i'll be sure to check out rock band at a kiosk *demo* at a local store when they do have it to see if it's worth getting afterall. it is a month away so that'll give people time to think and save up for it. also, i've only seen available to buy the game of rock band alone and a $169.99 bundle (which got lowered by $30) and the more expensive one comes with a wired guitar, mic, drumset and game. it's basically the full package which isn't bad overall when you break down the cost of everything. you're basically paying $69.99 more for the mic and drumset compared to gh3 but then again the guitar is wired but you won't have to worry about it running out of battery.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 PM

I played a song last night at Game Crazy. I'll be picking it up for sure, it has some great songs! I may not get it next week, but soon....

Last edited by RichGardner; 10-27-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:10 PM

Personally I think Rockband screwed themselves over by only giving us ONE option for purchase.
Actually I had a lot of interest in Rock Band. Ironically, Rock Band themselves made the decision for me. I was hoping to be able to just buy the Game with a guitar. But I guess that was just Way too much to ask for. So instead, I will be picking up GHIII this weekend. Actually hadn't realized that the GHIII bundle includes a Wireless Guitar. So, just a note to Harmonix. Thank you!!!
Now if the GHIII quitar works with Rock Band, all I have to do is wait for a used copy of the Rock Band Game on Ebay.
Thank you Rock Band. You just saved me a lot of money by being greedy.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:00 PM

cloudy, you are absolutely right. I don't see anyone buying the rock band bundle unless you tend to have friends over on a regular basis or you going to use it within your family to play it. the price is on point because you get the drum set and mic for an extra $70 plus tax but they didn't give other people the option like guitar hero 3 does where you can buy the game and guitar only. gh3 isn't a bad price considering it is wireless now and it is the same price as last years game thats why you don't hear/see people complaining. also, I saw the tracklisting and it wasn't too impressive to me but i'm going to go check out and try it in person first before making my final decision
Old 10-27-2007, 02:53 PM

How well did you guys do on yout first try of the songs on the demo?

I got 99% on all songs on medium, and 91%(The Metal)-98%(Evenflow) on Hard.

Not bad for first runs. Obviously the songs get harder as you progress though.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
cloudy, you are absolutely right. I don't see anyone buying the rock band bundle unless you tend to have friends over on a regular basis or you going to use it within your family to play it. the price is on point because you get the drum set and mic for an extra $70 plus tax but they didn't give other people the option like guitar hero 3 does where you can buy the game and guitar only. gh3 isn't a bad price considering it is wireless now and it is the same price as last years game thats why you don't hear/see people complaining. also, I saw the tracklisting and it wasn't too impressive to me but i'm going to go check out and try it in person first before making my final decision
its $10 more than last year... but I guess that what you get for the wireless guitar.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
its $10 more than last year... but I guess that what you get for the wireless guitar.
Yeah, it's worth the extra $10 for the wireless guitar!
Old 10-27-2007, 03:29 PM

i'll be picking this up tomorrow...my girlfriend would kill me if i didnt