Read this on /. "XBox Adding HD Tuners Next Year" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Read this on /. "XBox Adding HD Tuners Next Year"

"Microsoft is partnering with Toshiba to turn the Xbox into a full fledged HTPC [CC]. With built-in HD DVD, a larger hard drive, revamped "MCE" interface, and possibly HDTV tuners, the Xbox would be in a better position to compete against the PS3 in the race to serve as the defacto entertainment hub for couch potatoes. According to the article "The new device is expected to be released late in 2008 or at the 2009 CES show in Las Vegas."

Here is the link: http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/...4G5C3U2?page=1

Anyone read this yet?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM

yeah i read it, but man that seems way to late to release this, by now everyone that wants HD DVD either has the 360 and the addon, or has a stand alone... so i dont get what they are thinking
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
yeah i read it, but man that seems way to late to release this, by now everyone that wants HD DVD either has the 360 and the addon, or has a stand alone... so i dont get what they are thinking
Well I agree they should have done this already for release by this Xmas but it's better late than never.

Everyone already has a DVD player but they still included that functionality. And before you say thats only cause games run off of DVDs, the Wii runs on DVDs but doesn't play DVD movies.

My only wish would be for this to hit the marketplace like NOW, and I would be all over it.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

This is what I tried so hard to wait for before I bought my Elite. I'll def be swapping my system out for this bad boy the day it streets!