Think your old Xbox 360 can't have HDMI installed? Think again, it can! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned

Default Think your old Xbox 360 can't have HDMI installed? Think again, it can!

Maxconsole has a couple of videos on a new adapter that lets you use the HDMI inputs on that fancy new HDTV you've just purchased with your vintage, first generation HDMI-less Xbox 360.

The XCM 1080i HDMI is a disc-shaped device that connects to the first generation Xbox 360's A/V port. The device does all the work, sending an HDMI-ready signal out through a standard HDMI cable right into your HDTV. It also connects to the older HD standard DVI input by way of a cable-end adapter, and RCA stereo audio outputs are included for that standard (HDMI pipes audio and video over one cable).

There will be some that say that most HD sets have component video inputs, which also allow a 1080i resolution, but this device is a good problem solver for sets that don't.

No price or purchase details are listed other than a note that this product will be available from retailers as of next week.

Sorry I lost the link and have to head into work but someone else can look it up on Destructiod.com

This is really interesting because I needed HDMI!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:02 AM

So what about games that run natively at 1080P, like the Bee movie game coming out soon.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
So what about games that run natively at 1080P, like the Bee movie game coming out soon.
certain tv's restrict 1080p over component/vga... tv's like sony... because hdmi is part of sony's happy hdtv plan (along with blu ray and without xbox 360)... i know for a fact that samsung takes 1080p over component or vga (upconverting dvd and running hddvd at 1080p require the vga due to legal reasons this is an xbox thing). thisis why i bought a samsung tv... because they love xbox 360 pro systems from before they were hdmi