HALO 3 REVIEW UP "95" on gamespot!! link inside - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-23-2007, 09:48 PM

Default HALO 3 REVIEW UP "95" on gamespot!! link inside

looks like its going to be worth the wait........

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...opslot;title;1
Old 09-23-2007, 10:02 PM

yea but member, same thing happened with Halo 2. Dont get me wrong, I got it on launch date and played the crap out of but once all the hype was off, everybody was like "oh yea, graphics were not what was promised, story was short as fuzuk" and that it finally became known that Halo 2 wasnt all that great.

So im skeptical of any review. While I love the Halo series, I dont think its by any means the "zomg fps" experience as there are far richer games in terms of FPS, ala Unreal Tournament, Half Life etc.

But having said that, what Halo has in the fun factor that any pro and noob can pick it up and its just a good time. But again, over 90's...Only Halo 1 on PC cause god damn, was there some crazy mods and thats again thanks to the mod community.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:24 PM

I agree, Halo is no Half Life. But that doesn't mean Halo 3 will not be an awesome game. I was not a huge fan of Halo 2's storyline, but the multi player is where the Halo series truly excels. The multilayer aspect alone will keep people playing this game for years to come. I honestly can not wait to jump online and play through the campaign with three of my friends.

The expectations are so high for Halo 3, I am sure there will be a slight let down once some gamers start playing. Even if this isn't a perfect game, and it is going to sell millions of copies, and it will sell even more Xbox 360s. Most importantly, I will have tons of fun playing it.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantfoot08 View Post
I agree, Halo is no Half Life. But that doesn't mean Halo 3 will not be an awesome game. I was not a huge fan of Halo 2's storyline, but the multi player is where the Halo series truly excels. The multilayer aspect alone will keep people playing this game for years to come. I honestly can not wait to jump online and play through the campaign with three of my friends.

The expectations are so high for Halo 3, I am sure there will be a slight let down once some gamers start playing. Even if this isn't a perfect game, and it is going to sell millions of copies, and it will sell even more Xbox 360s. Most importantly, I will have tons of fun playing it.
yup. if they got 1 thing right with Halo 2 and Halo 1 more so on the PC, was its mutliplayer. Its easy, it was cool to allow you and 3 others friends to play on the same screen. That is indeed where Halo does shine, because nothing beats having a buddy or two over and jumping online or in Co-op mode and playing away for a while.

I believe thats why I like Warhawk so damn much. But again, when it comes to Multiplayer, ill be damned if its Unreal Tournament. I dare anybody to try Unreal 2004 on a pc, and then pickup any other FPS and say its better cause the maps are beyond beautiful and the weapons and vehicles will make you go nuts!

Im still tempted to pickup Halo 3 this week but something tells me, I wont be getting for another few months.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:27 AM

I am sorry Half Life story is cliche and garbage....a dime a dozen...IMO
Old 09-28-2007, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
I am sorry Half Life story is cliche and garbage....a dime a dozen...IMO
Very true, but they did manage to make it seem less tired in HL2.

When it comes to stories in FPS though, Bioshock shames both Halo and Half Life by a considerable margin.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
Very true, but they did manage to make it seem less tired in HL2.

When it comes to stories in FPS though, Bioshock shames both Halo and Half Life by a considerable margin.
Its funny how "cliche" halflife stories are yet no one notices how badly the flood rips off of half life...

halflife>halo. end of story