HDMI and 360 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 PM

Default HDMI and 360

I'm just wondering but do all 360s come with HDMI connectors or just the Halo 3 edition and elite edition
Old 09-15-2007, 06:18 PM

All the Pro versions comes with HDMI now too. On Amazon is says (With HDMI) next to it and someone said they saw a sign denoting HDMI at Best Buy.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

Unless the place STILL has the non hdmi left over, you can safely assume that you will receive the hdmi pro.

it really is better to get the elite though.. you get the 120gb for cheaper.

XBOX has even stated that upcoming games will require more than that 20 gb (which is really 12) in the future.. save yourself time and money.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:59 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Unless the place STILL has the non hdmi left over, you can safely assume that you will receive the hdmi pro.

XBOX has even stated that upcoming games will require more than that 20 gb (which is really 12) in the future.. save yourself time and money.
when & where did they state that?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:01 AM

I read that some future games would require a hard drive but I don't think anything will require a 120GB hard?

Maybe a big MMO they are working on but it's still doubtful.

Sometime in the future I would like to upgrade my 360 to one with HDMI but it kinda sux that I would have to keep my old hard drive if i want to keep my arcade games.

I know I could redownload them on the new hard drive but I would have to be connected to the internet to play them (I am 95% of the time but being "required" to be connected concerns me a bit)

I would probably buy a new unit with HDMI and sell my old unit on ebay but keep my old har drive.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
Sometime in the future I would like to upgrade my 360 to one with HDMI but it kinda sux that I would have to keep my old hard drive if i want to keep my arcade games.

I know I could redownload them on the new hard drive but I would have to be connected to the internet to play them (I am 95% of the time but being "required" to be connected concerns me a bit)

I would probably buy a new unit with HDMI and sell my old unit on ebay but keep my old har drive.
It is not the hard drive that matters but the system itself (ie, the serial number or whatever), or if it is on another system then it requires the account/gamertag that purchased them to be logged in.

I'm still using my old hard drive on my new elite as I'm yet to receive the transfer cable from Microsoft to transfer the data to the Elite's 120G hard drive, and even on the old hard drive that originally downloaded and had the games purchased on I need to be logged in to play the XBLA games I purchased.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post

not to discredit you or anything but that seems a bit exaggerated. I'd have to see a link for this. If this were true you'd think M$ would stop producing 20g drives all together.

Gotta link?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:34 PM

Tomb Raider Anniversarry is going to be a digital download so you'll be downloading an entire game...if the average demo is 1.0 gb imagine a whole game!!!! Also the GTA IV episodic content will most likely be rather large.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farron View Post
It is not the hard drive that matters but the system itself (ie, the serial number or whatever), or if it is on another system then it requires the account/gamertag that purchased them to be logged in.

I'm still using my old hard drive on my new elite as I'm yet to receive the transfer cable from Microsoft to transfer the data to the Elite's 120G hard drive, and even on the old hard drive that originally downloaded and had the games purchased on I need to be logged in to play the XBLA games I purchased.
I was in your same predicament when I wanted to upgrade my 360 to the Elite. I had a friend of mine buying my old system that day ( this was when the Elites were rare), so what I did was I went to Walmart, bought another 120GB HDD which comes with the transfer cable, did my transfer, and then immediately brought it back. The hard drive was still sealed so they gave me no hassle about it.

I did that cause I thought it was a load of bull that Microsoft couldn't even give you the cable to transfer for people wanting to upgrade. Oh well.