My HD DVD Add-on died... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Default My HD DVD Add-on died...

My HD DVD add-on has quit working...

It receives power, as I can open the drive and un/load a disc, but the 360 dashboard does not recognize the drive. I have tried reloading the software, but when prompted to connect the drive to USB, nothing happens. I have tried every USB port and even a different USB cable. I did some searching and found some cache clearing trick to try, but that failed as well.

It appears I am screwed. I received this as a gift, and thus I dont have a retail receipt. Am I still covered under MS's 90 day warranty?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:37 PM

I would definitely called Xbox support since the drive hasn't even been out for 90 days.

1-800-4MY-XBOX
Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM

The warranty is based on 90 days after purchase, which is recorded when the drive is scanned at the cash register (doesn't matter who bought it). As mentioned above, since the drive hasn't been out 90 days, you should definitely be able to get a replacement.

Their number is 24/7 I believe, call them right away in case you think the warranty's about to expire.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Oh God I hate that 90 day warranty. I had a bad experience with the 90 day warranty on my 360. But luckily they boosted it up to 1 year. Hopefully they do the same for the add-on.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:33 PM

i read somewhere that the 1 year extended warranty on the add-on is in the works. I myself just received the extended (1 year) warranty on my 360.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:20 PM

I love Best Buy. I called up my local store and told them about my drive failing and that it was a gift and I had no receipt. No problem they said. I drove up there and exchanged it for a new one! Awesome service. After my experience with the first one, I bought the 2 year warranty as well.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 PM

Im very happy for you!
I know Id loose sleep if anything bad outside a warrenty happen to my stuff.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMacMan View Post
My HD DVD add-on has quit working...

It receives power, as I can open the drive and un/load a disc, but the 360 dashboard does not recognize the drive. I have tried reloading the software, but when prompted to connect the drive to USB, nothing happens. I have tried every USB port and even a different USB cable. I did some searching and found some cache clearing trick to try, but that failed as well.

It appears I am screwed. I received this as a gift, and thus I dont have a retail receipt. Am I still covered under MS's 90 day warranty?
If you have a Costco near where you live, buy it from there. They have a return policy that is unmatched by anyone. I know people who have returned anything and everything you can think of and Costco took it back and gave them a NEW item.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I love Best Buy. I called up my local store and told them about my drive failing and that it was a gift and I had no receipt. No problem they said. I drove up there and exchanged it for a new one! Awesome service. After my experience with the first one, I bought the 2 year warranty as well.
good deal that they took care of you like that
Old 01-17-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
smart move man, I purchased the extended 2-year warranty on mine as well.