Tiger PGA 08 best one yet. - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-30-2007, 01:04 AM
bone crusher's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,671
Default Tiger PGA 08 best one yet.

FINALLY. EA has gotten it right. The game actually feels finished. All the other Tiger games in the last couple years have felt very unfinished to me. With jerky animations and graphics glitches and not very good graphics to begin with. This game feels like it has a bit of polish to it. Textures are a fair bit better, framerate is better. More great courses, more golfers, WAY advanced create a player. I cannot say enough about the game. The new 3-click feature is nice also. This is a Tiger game I can finally see myself playing to completion. Tiger 07 I thoguht the putting mechanics were god awful and the ball woudl miss the hole by so much because you couldn't gauge speed worth a damm.

Anyways, this is a great game. DO not hesitate to pick this one up of you are a Tiger Woods golf fan.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Mobius's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 183
Default

Maybe I'll have to check this game out. I used to play a lot of Links on the PC back in the day but never really got into the Tiger series. You playing on 360 or the PC?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2007, 03:32 AM
Master X's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,285
Default

Maddeon 08 great, Tiger 08 great, ok EA please dont mess up Nba live 08
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Master X's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Maybe I'll have to check this game out. I used to play a lot of Links on the PC back in the day but never really got into the Tiger series. You playing on 360 or the PC?
Links 04 is the best golf game i played. I had it for xbox
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2007, 07:14 AM
cloudy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,310
Default

Looking forward to this one. Thanks for the review.
It'll be nice to have a great golf game, to relax with, between sessions of Bioshock, PG4, and Halo 3.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone crusher View Post
FINALLY. EA has gotten it right. The game actually feels finished. All the other Tiger games in the last couple years have felt very unfinished to me. With jerky animations and graphics glitches and not very good graphics to begin with. This game feels like it has a bit of polish to it. Textures are a fair bit better, framerate is better. More great courses, more golfers, WAY advanced create a player. I cannot say enough about the game. The new 3-click feature is nice also. This is a Tiger game I can finally see myself playing to completion. Tiger 07 I thoguht the putting mechanics were god awful and the ball woudl miss the hole by so much because you couldn't gauge speed worth a damm.

Anyways, this is a great game. DO not hesitate to pick this one up of you are a Tiger Woods golf fan.
Thanks for the heads-up, ordering my copy now
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 204
Default

Ya, i played the demo that i downloaded from XBLM, and its REALLY good, all of the '07 Sports games were rushed to get on the next gen systems and didnt have that polish that you talk about, i hated Tiger '07 and Madden '07, but the '08 versions of the games are gnarly as fudge! Thinking about getting Tiger for my Halo3 breaks as well. If there are any breaks ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Shazbot's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 31
Default

Is the putting any different in this one, as I really disliked it in 07.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-06-2007, 03:26 AM
Maxx_75's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,918
Default

I am loving Tiger 08... glad that I skipped 07....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Mojo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Maddeon 08 great, Tiger 08 great, ok EA please dont mess up Nba live 08
Yeah, I'm hoping for the best for NBA Live this year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 brings Masters Tournament to consoles March 29 Master X Game Room 3 03-10-2011 12:03 PM
PS3: Mint Infamous FT/ for Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods PGA 10 nickoakdl Video Game Exchange 4 08-14-2009 01:51 AM
Best Buy Canada: Crouching Tiger 3-pack $39.99 Lioncourt Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 0 07-15-2009 05:08 PM
Anyone else going to the PGA Championships? Detroit Tigers Fan The Water Cooler 5 08-09-2008 02:59 PM
Any PGA golf fans here? bone crusher The Water Cooler 0 08-07-2007 10:18 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off