Xbox 360 Elite - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Xbox 360 Elite

I have been trying to find out for awhile now whether the elite has the new heatsink or not? Does anyone know?

I always buy 2 consoles each generation and let my bro get the 3rd or play on it at friends houses. The Wii doesn't really interest me as much as the X360 but I don't like all the 30% failure rate fud that goes around. I know it has 3 years warranty but thats great till 3 years runs out.

If the elite does have the new heatsink I will pick one up soon I think. If not will wait for Falcon.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:28 PM

As of now (August), as far as I know, the Elite doesn't have the new heatsink. Supposedly, they changed the way the heatsink is attached to the motherboard or something. I own the Elite, but I'd suggest waiting for the Falcon as it should have the cooler-running CPU as well as the new heatsinks.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMaustus View Post
As of now (August), as far as I know, the Elite doesn't have the new heatsink. Supposedly, they changed the way the heatsink is attached to the motherboard or something. I own the Elite, but I'd suggest waiting for the Falcon as it should have the cooler-running CPU as well as the new heatsinks.
I'm also hoping for quieter dvd drives. I had an older 360 and it was crazy loud. I ended up selling it, but a Falcon 360 running cooler and quiet = my ass buys another 360.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMaustus View Post
I have an Elite with a mfg. date of 7/7/07 and it does have the new heat sink. I bought it about a month ago at Sams Club.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintshooter View Post
I have an Elite with a mfg. date of 7/7/07 and it does have the new heat sink. I bought it about a month ago at Sams Club.
How do you know that you have the new heatsink?

To be honest if all the elite's have the new heatsink that should solve the problem from what I have read, so may make buy an elite now rather than wait for the falcon chipset.

Is there gona be a black hd-dvd add on?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM

I'd like to know how to tell the difference between the two heatsinks as well. I just bought an Elite from Amazon (arives on Wed.), but I won't hessitate to send that shit back if there is a better revision on the horizon.

I sold my current 360 to a friend at work to offset the cost. 120GB and 1080p HERE I COME!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:05 PM

last i checked, none of the new systems have the new heatsink or falcon chips. Even the new HDMI 360's.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:44 PM

OK I lost the link of how I found out mine had the new heat sink but this one will do. Copy and paste...

benheck.com/08-02-2007/see-if-you-have-the-new-xbox-360-heatsink-without-voiding-the-precious-warranty

In short, look through the side and see if the "new" heat sink is in there. The best part being that you do not void the warranty.

Good Luck!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 AM

You can find the link HERE. It's like the 4th story down (8/15).
Old 09-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintshooter View Post
OK I lost the link of how I found out mine had the new heat sink but this one will do. Copy and paste...

benheck.com/08-02-2007/see-if-you-have-the-new-xbox-360-heatsink-without-voiding-the-precious-warranty

In short, look through the side and see if the "new" heat sink is in there. The best part being that you do not void the warranty.

Good Luck!
so the Elites do have the heat sink? odd because thats still not ridding the Red Ring of Death.