Converting MKV to 360 Streamable/Burnable WMV-HD Files - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Converting MKV to 360 Streamable/Burnable WMV-HD Files

Hey there all. I have downloaded some videos through torrents mostly that come through as HD x264 mkv files. Looks great on a computer but was looking for a way to watch them on the TV through my 360. I stumbled across this tutorial which really works and now I am converting these movies to WMV-HD, slapping them onto DVDs and playing them on the 360. Sweet!!! =p~ If anyone is interested or doesnt know what I am talking about check this out: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=611163

One thing to add is in order for me to get this to work I had to download what is known as a codec pack, it has a bunch of encoders/decoders that work on the encapsulated .mkv to get it into a .wmv file. The one I used to much success is called K-Lite Codec Pack Version 3.3.5 (google it). Once you install that follow the instructions in the tutorial linked above and you should be golden barring any hardware deficiencies.

There is one program involved in this, TMPGEnc Xpress 4.0, that you must pay for. Other than that the software is free. Let me just suggest that I was able to find it for no charge from someplace willing to "share" it with me.

Have fun and if anyone has any questions I will be glad to lend a hand or you could email the OP. L8rz!

Last edited by kurbkidc; 08-23-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 AM

Thumbs up mkv to 360 readable format

It is not a difficult thing to convert HD MKV video to Xbox 360 readale format, which you can watch though your TV set. Sothink HD movie maker is specailly designed to convert Camcoeder videos to AVCHD and Blu-ray for your 360. you can choose it for a helper to realse yourself.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM

I used to have that issue but then I bought a Popcorn Hour A110 specifically for playing MKV files without needing to convert them first.

You can also try Videora Xbox Video Converter also check out TVersity.