Xbox 360 Mark II revealed (now including HDMI port!) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Default Xbox 360 Mark II revealed (now including HDMI port!)

According to this piccy over on endadget.

Looks like mine may develop a fault near to the mark II's release!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:45 AM

I remember seeing a motherboard shot of this a couple months back. But until MS puts out an official release I'm not counting this as fact.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 AM

Class action lawsuit anyone?

They better be offering an upgrade plan for early adopters, or they will have problems. I know I won't be happy if I have to pay full price to replace my current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejstar View Post
Looks like mine may develop a fault near to the mark II's release!
Would that fault be via sledgehammer?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
Class action lawsuit anyone?

They better be offering an upgrade plan for early adopters, or they will have problems. I know I won't be happy if I have to pay full price to replace my current one.
Why would anyone sue? Each purchaser knew what they were getting. Your games will still play... it is just a technology upgrade. If you want 1080p (which we clearly knew wasn't included in XBOX 360) then I think you might have to pay for it... I would love a discount, but really the only thing I am interested in here is the 120Gb HDD.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkr2 View Post
Why would anyone sue? Each purchaser knew what they were getting. Your games will still play... it is just a technology upgrade. If you want 1080p (which we clearly knew wasn't included in XBOX 360) then I think you might have to pay for it... I would love a discount, but really the only thing I am interested in here is the 120Gb HDD.

Well the new hard drive is a big plus, and it better not be priced above $99 because $99 for the 20GB was a complete rip-off in the first place.

But as far as the HDMI, I'm just really pissed that MS didn't make the current port HDMI capable in the first place, so all early adopters could just buy a cable. Would have made it so much cheaper and so much more affordable to upgrade, but no, we'll skimp on the graphics card so people have to buy new consoles...brilliant.

But my concern with the HDMI doesn't lie so much w/ the picture (I have a 720p TV anyway so component is just fine until I go 1080p), it's with the audio. I don't doubt that we will see TrueHD, DD+ and DTS HD output from the add-on with this new system, which means anyone who has the current one will be restricted to plain DD. It would be nice is they would find someway to do this with a break-out box, but considering the most practical way to do these new formats is with HDMI 1.3, I think we're pretty much screwed.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM

I agree with skywalkr2.

People have no right to be pissed about a hardware upgrade. Name one piece of hardware that doesn't come out with an upgraded or newer version in a few years?

PS2 = Slimline PS2
Nintendo DS = Nintendo DS Lite
Gameboy Advance = Gameboy Advance SP = Gameboy Advance Micro

I guess everyone who bought a DVD player that doesn't upscale should sue the manufacturer as well?

If you want the new version sell yours on ebay and put that towards the new unit.

The only thing Microsoft MUST be able to do is have some way to transfer your data from the old hard drive to the new hard drive.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:15 AM

MS could release a HDMI cable for the current output on the 360 but it would be pointless because it outputs analog and the cable would have to convert analog to digital and you wouldn't be gaining anything from HDMI that way anyway.

My TV only has 1 HDMI port which is used by my Cable box. My TV accepts 1080p through VGA so i'm completely happy with the VGA connection.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
Would that fault be via sledgehammer?
Or somehow magically appearing under my car!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejstar View Post
Or somehow magically appearing under my car!
I guess I need to look into what my Best Buy replacement plan covers
Old 01-05-2007, 01:26 PM

I am looking forward o the upgrade. Who know's when it is coming out. But I say sell your unit in the next couple month's and you will get a really good price for it, No Doubt. The n put the money toward's the upgraded 360. You can think of the one you sold as a lease.

HEy the idea works for me.