Xbox Live Question? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Xbox Live Question?

Hope this is the right section. Has anyone else had this problem with their 360? For the past few days everytime i connect to Xbox Live, after about 20 minutes it always disconnects me and stops my downloads and i have to turn off the xbox and turn it back on to reconnect. I'm pretty sure its not my internet connection because the internet on my computer never goes down. I just know the RRoD is next. Can anyone help me out.

PS for the ones about to suggest i get a PS3, if i had the money i would.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:39 AM

It could be a problem with live connecting to your router. it's not a live problem, because if thats the case we all would experience the same problem, such as when microsoft shuts live down to update the servers.

It could also be where you live, there have been problems with location as well. I think it's your connection to your router.

Do a xbox live test and go through all of the lists, also check your signal strength if its orange or red looking your getting interference.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:12 AM

yeah you might be right, i just moved and got the internet hooked up last week and they gave me a different modem. so that could be the problem, i'll test the connection thanks.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM

i haven't had a problem the past couple of days, so hopefully one of the people above me helped you out.

plus, i don't think anyone in the hd dvd section would suggest getting a ps3...well for reasons saved for the smackdown forum.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:00 PM

i have all three next gen systems and love them equally. the wi fi on the wii and ps3 is the best lol but other than that, xbox live is the king of console online gaming.

I hope your problem is solved, the moving situation could be the problem. Im running fiber optics through fios and it was a hassle switching, but after a few hours i was up and runnning and hosting lol.