Help with 360! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-09-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Help with 360!

So my 360 has done this before, but unplugging the power for a few minutes and then plugging back in has always fixed it. i have a premium 360 and i get NO video whatsoever. ive tried using the component and vga connections, i've tried connecting through my receiver and i've tried connecting directly to my tv - i get NO video. (and no, i am not getting the red rings of death or whatever they are called.) the funny thing is, when hooked up via component, i can tell my tv is trying to get a signal. the screen will alternate between going ALL black and being black, but still letting me see my menus. anyone have any idea what is causing this problem or what i can do to fix it? i never kept my receipt when i purchased my xbox. would it be useless to try and send the dang thing to microsoft? ...also, until i get this fixed... will my add-on work on my PC if my video card does not support HDCP?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Special Member

Jsut a thought, have you tried changing the resolutions on the console??? You might want to try bringing them down to see if that works....If you connect a different component to the same inputs on your TV do you get the same results? If you try to move the connection on the back of the Xbox itself does that change anything? You may also jsut want to try a new cable to see if that works.....
Old 07-09-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8 View Post
Jsut a thought, have you tried changing the resolutions on the console??? You might want to try bringing them down to see if that works....If you connect a different component to the same inputs on your TV do you get the same results? If you try to move the connection on the back of the Xbox itself does that change anything? You may also jsut want to try a new cable to see if that works.....

EDIT

thanks for the quick help... .... other components work fine through the same connections... i tried my pc via the vga and my ps3 via the component on my tv and receiver......about trying to change the resolution, if i cant see the screen, how can i navigate through the menus to do so?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Special Member

Sorry about this delay, I would be able to help you if I was in front of my Xbox right now so hopefully someone at home will be able to help you out. If someone can just list the steps (controller moves, button pushes) to get to and change the resolution from the "home" screen on the dashboard.

Since the other components work we can deduct that its not the TV (unless its the resolution for some odd reason) and that its the XBOX. If you jiggle the connection on the back of the Xbox does anything happens (screen flutter ect...)? If so then it could be the cable or the XBOX itself.....if not then most likely something went bad with the XBOX......
Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 AM

This might help you out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911059
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 AM

thanks guys! I will try the instructions on that link and see if that fixes it when I get home from work today. Thanks again!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 AM

I'm assuming you have an HDTV?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 PM

Are you sure that the little button on the side of the plug that goes into the back of your 360 is set to HDTV?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintshooter View Post
Are you sure that the little button on the side of the plug that goes into the back of your 360 is set to HDTV?
i will check it to see if the button got switched, but ive been playing my xbox at 1080i (and yes my tv supports 1080i over component) for as long as i can remember. i seriously hope i can fix this as simply as pushing a button!