$95.00 HD DVD Player - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 AM

Default $95.00 HD DVD Player

I work for a local gamestore, my friend traded in 4 older xbox 360 games and paid the difference in cash for his HD DVD player for his 360. The total was $95.00. I paid $120.00 with a few trades and my employee discount.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:23 AM

Good for you
Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

That's great, Scumbag.

I got mine for $200.00.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:01 AM

I am going to be brutal. I don't like this thread. There is no point. I could trade in all my games (or use a $200 gift card!) and get the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive for free, or maybe even better than free, I could still have in-store credit left over.

If the actual price (no use of in-store credit or gift cards) is under $180.00 then you can let us all know about it.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 AM

With a few trades and a little cash you get the HD DVD player plus KING KONG and a free universal media remote. That totals out out be $275.00 for everything if you paid seperatly. Thats a steal in my book.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
I am going to be brutal. I don't like this thread. There is no point. I could trade in all my games (or use a $200 gift card!) and get the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive for free, or maybe even better than free, I could still have in-store credit left over.

If the actual price (no use of in-store credit or gift cards) is under $180.00 then you can let us all know about it.
From the looks of your gear money is no object. However I see it happen everyday, the trades turn into cold hard credit {cash}. The more cash you save the more movies and games you can buy at stores that only sell movies....DUH

And if a $20.00 price drop is going to make that big of a difference to you than get a part time job at your local game store and get the 10% employee discount. And if gaming is not for you there are millions of electronic stores that offer the same discount for workers and you will have your $180.00 price tag.

Last edited by scumbag78; 12-21-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag78 View Post
From the looks of your gear money is no object. However I see it happen everyday, the trades turn into cold hard credit {cash}. The more cash you save the more movies and games you can buy at stores that only sell movies....DUH
Money is an object for me. I don't have very much stuff that is not listed in my signature. I am kinda a minamilist when it comes to buying stuff. As a general rule, I will not buy things or even accept things for free that I will not use regularly. Also my Yamaha system was purchased while I was still an employee at Best Buy for a great discount and I just got the Harmony remote as a gift for my birthday.

My point was that anyone with DVD's and/or games can trade them in like your friend. So why tell us about it? Did you know that if you take some US currency to a store that they will give you products in exchange for that currency?! It is true! I have seen it happen.

The drive was not $95.00. It was $199.99 and your friend traded some stuff in to pay for some of that $199.99. Quick call the local newspaper and tell them that we have an exclusive front page story!

I really should close this thread becuase of its pointlessnessity, but I am interested to see if you can poke some holes in my iron clad Vulcan logic and prove that this thread serves some kind of purpose beyond reminding us that, yes some gamestores do accept trades.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:37 AM

And almost all Electronic strores offer discounts to members, employees, family. Now check this out before you remove this thread. Say someone doesnt use or like there HD DVD add on and trades it in. You can buy it used it for $125.00 with a warranty. Here is your wake up call...trading, and buying used in a gamestore is done everday and these are real world prices. This attachment is a piece of a game counsle so it will trade in and sell be sold used and be given a twenty percent discount off of the $125.00 to MVP members. Price is an important topic but you can shut me down if you want.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag78 View Post
And almost all Electronic strores offer discounts to members, employees, family. Now check this out before you remove this thread. Say someone doesnt use or like there HD DVD add on and trades it in. You can buy it used it for $125.00 with a warranty. Here is your wake up call...trading, and buying used in a gamestore is done everday and these are real world prices. This attachment is a piece of a game counsle so it will trade in and sell be sold used and be given a twenty percent discount off of the $125.00 to MVP members. Price is an important topic but you can shut me down if you want.
Yes that is significant. Someone trading in the drive and others buying a working for less than $180.00. If you see some of these traded in drives please tell us where they can be found so that local forum members can attain them if they want to.

Now about this statement:
Quote:
Here is your wake up call...trading, and buying used in a gamestore is done everday and these are real world prices.
That is what I was saying all along. I know it happens, I have even traded in games and my PS2. But why tell everyone about it? I could tell you about how I went into a local GameStop and traded in a DS Phat for $50.00 towards the purchase of a Onyx DS Lite for a friend for Christmas. That means I payed only $67ish dollars for the DS Lite. That was a special promotion that they were running and they advertised it heavily. So if a game store offers some kind of special promotion that has to with the HD DVD drive, we would really like to know about it, but we already know that we can trade in things for store credit.

And I am not going to remove the thread or close it. I am not that mean and besides I am having fun.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:04 AM

This thread is not a DS lard or any other topic. Not everyone knows about trading and the money that can be saved. If this thread saves somebody $1 than it was worth it to me to educate.

Look everyone this MODERATOR wants you to spend more cash than you might need to.