Whoa! MGS4 coming to the 360? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Whoa! MGS4 coming to the 360?

There have been rumors on top of rumors about it. Actually, it makes a lot of sense. Not only is the 360 the console leader and will be for the forseeable future, it has been proven over and over again that its userbase will buy quality games in droves. Anyway, read this site's "confirmation" and lets discuss if this is possibly true.

http://www.noooz.com/archives/2006/1....html#comments

And before you question this guy's bonfides, he was the FIRST person on the 'net to accurately state that Assassin's Creed was not a PS3 exclusive. It's obvious that this guy speaks DIRECTLY to publishers and developers for his info and what he states are NOT rumors from "insiders".

http://www.noooz.com/archives/2006/0...creed_not.html

Last edited by StarkyLuv; 12-17-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Well it wouldn't surprise me - especially given number 2 turned up on the console! Although expect it sometime after the PS3 release!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:41 PM

It all depends wether Konami, I believe, have a contract with sony for the rights to this game, if not then it potentially could come out for the 360. It would certainly be a wise business descision considering the xbox 360 sales should push 10 million by the end of the year.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:46 PM

There is no contract. Kojima is a known Sony loyalist but even he has to see it's just not financially feasible to sink so much money into a game and leave it on a platform with unknown sales potential.

Once the PS3 sells to the hadcore/early adopters, how many will they sell by the time the game ships. 3 million? 4 million? And I'm talking WORLDWIDE. That $600 price tag pissed off a LOT of developers/publishers.

Then they look at the 360. There will be 10 million users THIS YEAR. You can easily double that for this time next year (easily). Combine that with the fact the the 360 userbase are hyper-active game consumers (Capcom, Bethesda, THQ and UbiSoft can vouch for that) and it makes perfect sense to put your game on the system with the largest, most active base.

They won't announce it now because doing that will effectively knee-cap the PS3 (Rockstar had no such qualms). But expect a summer announcement.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:54 PM

Very true...

This isn't related to mgs4 but the fact that games producers also have to go out of there way to provide an oline service for the ps3 adds more to the cost of game production.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:55 PM

I know Hideo Kojima prefers to keep his MGS franchise Sony exclusive, but its really up to Konami. I think it was rumored somewhere that Konami execs had approached him about the possibility of porting it to the 360. Have to wait and see on that. Konami, I'm sure, was disappointed with Sony's PS3 supply and are looking at the number of copies of MGS4 that they could possibly sell. If you can't sell enough copies of the game to cover the expensive next-gen development costs and make a hefty profit off of it, it doesn't hurt to look at other options...cough cough...Xbox 360.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:07 PM

What I am MOST excited about actually; Is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night coming to XBLA!!!!

Oh yeah.....that hit the spot!
Old 12-18-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSade View Post
What I am MOST excited about actually; Is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night coming to XBLA!!!!

Oh yeah.....that hit the spot!
Yeah, that was one of my favorite Saturn games (yes, I came out for the Saturn). That's a day one purchase.

And yeah, I'm sure Konami is looking at the botched PS3 launch and are NOT happy. And all those companies that put out launch games? They EACH got burned!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
Yeah, that was one of my favorite Saturn games (yes, I came out for the Saturn). That's a day one purchase.

And yeah, I'm sure Konami is looking at the botched PS3 launch and are NOT happy. And all those companies that put out launch games? They EACH got burned!
Yeah, I have the game on Saturn as well, it's not bad, suffers from some slow down and has some whacked transparency effects (Or should I say lack of?) but it's still worth the play time.....

I still play my Saturn often, Radiant Silvergun being on the top of the list. Schmups FTW!!!

On another note, apparently, the MGS4 on 360 was revealed to not be true.....Although it was stated that the possibility of a port over later on might be possible.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:19 AM

If I fire up my Saturn, it's for Guardian Heroes or Panzer Dragoon Saga.

And actually, a Konami "representive" pulled out the "not at this time" card.

And if you follow the industry at all, you'd know that means "how the hell did you find this out? We're not announcing that NOW! That'd kill all interest in the console the game will debut on!"

If it wasn't coming to the 360, they'd just say "This game is a PS3 exclusive and will not be on the 360". But using the tired "there are no plans at this time" is just double-speak.

Last edited by StarkyLuv; 12-19-2006 at 01:21 AM.