XBOX hd-dvd add on: odd issue with blood diamond - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM

Default XBOX hd-dvd add on: odd issue with blood diamond

Hello all,
First post here after trying to find a solution and coming up short. I recently decided picked up a an hd dvd add on for xbox 360 for practically pennies and a few movies for the same. I figure it to be a nice addition to my hd arsenal and i can buy movies i wouldn't shell out blu-ray prices for or movies that aren't on blu yet. Well everything was going along well until I got Blood Diamond in. This is probably the only movie i really wanted in hd and should have just picked up the blu ray but the low price tag forced my hand. Of course, fate in all of its wisdom saw my excitement and decided to start problems:

The dvd is not scratched in anyway, yet when i put it in the drive it tells me the disc is unplayable. I tried dumping the hd drive's cache and all that...no luck. The more interesting part of this problem is when i disconnect my Ethernet cable, or when my xbox gold lapsed the disc is recognized and will start up...then nothing. no loading or anything...just a black screen. I've tried enabling/disabling network access, allowing/not allowing cookies etc etc...which strikes me as odd that the display and those options will pop up but no movie. The WB logo looks great tho
Old 08-06-2010, 01:51 PM

I had a similar issue with Transformers & American Gangster, but either disconnectly the wi-fi or clearing the hard drive always did the trick.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 AM

Wow, I just realized some proof-reading wouldn't hurt me in the future. Anyway...yea i tried both of those fixes as i somewhat incoherently said...no luck. Even with the net down it still locks up on the screen after the warning, logo and finally the rating panel. I can't get further than that
Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 AM

I've checked FOUR copies of Blood Diamond so far, and 2 won't play at all, the other 2 break up during the first few seconds of the movie. A lot of Warner HD-DVDs were either defective or have rotted, and Blood Diamond seems to be the worst of them.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM

The Hd DVD add on i currently have hooked up will not read any of my HD DVDs all of a sudden, but plays sd DVDs just fine. Even ones that played just fine a few months ago now are coming up as Unplayable Disc. They read/play fine in my A-3 & A-30. I need to hook up my other add on drive and see if it works.