Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death experiences/info/reccomondations? - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 PM

Buy one from Costco, keep the receipt, and have hassle free endless returns/exchanges guaranteed.

Definitely saves you the time from sending it off to Texas for repairs.

Not sure if Costco is holding the Elites though.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtower41 View Post
Ok, talked with Microsoft last night, and had a great experience dealing with tech support/customer service. They assured me that they would send out an empty UPS box for me to send in my console for "repairs". I was also told that the normal turn-around time is 3-4 weeks, but I could very well get the console back in my hands before thanksgiving. This made me very happy, and decided not to go ahead and buy another xbox 360 and I can withstand the wait, but instead maybe looking to buy a stand-alone HD DVD player or maybe even considering going purple "GULP" with the 399.99 PS3 and free Spiderman 3.
Ok, sent my package in on 11/6, just got it back today. Less than 2 weeks turn-around, I must say, I am very impressed that I got it back this quickly. No new system or HDMI, but this is def not the console I sent in, probably a re-furb. Hopefully everything boots up well tonight. So great to have it back!!!! Even though it does have a PS3 to compete with now.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:13 AM

My 360 was fine until i bought the add-on, it started playing up almost immediately, and went rrod about 3months later.
I got i fixed privately, as i could'nt be arsed to deal with microsoft. I'm not too bothered if it's a temporay fix, i'm planning on getting the elite next year anyway.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 PM

My lauch 360 bit it the week before Halo 3 shipped. Naturally, that wouldn't fly...so I bought an Elite to be able to play Halo 3 when it arrived.

I called Microsoft on a Friday, had the box the next week and my new Xbox only a couple of weeks later. My previous unit was replaced with a new unit (manufactured the week before I got it; I sure hope it hadn't been back for repairs already...).
Old 11-22-2007, 03:27 PM

Mine died today. I called MS and I should have my shipping box next week. I did the "towel trick" and it worked. Funny as crap. I know it is a temporary fix but will do until I ship my xbox off. Good thing I do not use it for HD-DVD movie watching.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyboy View Post
Buy one from Costco, keep the receipt, and have hassle free endless returns/exchanges guaranteed.

Definitely saves you the time from sending it off to Texas for repairs.

Not sure if Costco is holding the Elites though.
Listen to this guy.^^^^ I bought mine from Costco also and my first broke after 3 months. Returned it (keep your receipt) no questions asked and got a new one. My second 360 froze, good the weird message screenaon the first day, but has worked fine. Costco or Sam's Club are you best buy. No hazzle unlimited return policy.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:51 PM

It really annoys me that I am on my 4th console since 2005. I mean I have systems that lasted 10 plus years. When I spoke to the customer rep I told him how displeased I was with their service and the system itself. The games are what make me stick it out for the 360. Its a real shame microsoft has had this many screwed up consoles. When people ask me what system to buy it would be nice to recommend the 360 due to the great selection of games but how can I recommend a system that has broken down on me 3 times since november 2005?