High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   HD DVD and Video Game Consoles (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-video-game-consoles-12/)
-   -   Xbox 360 and HDMI cable question. (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-video-game-consoles/84267-xbox-360-hdmi-cable-question.html)

daevv 04-23-2009 02:05 PM

Xbox 360 and HDMI cable question.

Whats the difference between HDMI 1.2 and 1.3 cables? Does the Xbox require a certain one?

I use both my newly acquired Xbox and PS3 on the same 720p/1080i TV. Where I only have one HDMI cable at the moment I switch it back and forth when using the systems. I notice on the 1080i or 720p setting the words, pop ups, and such on the PS3 look cleaner and crisper than the Xbox achievements and message popups which are blurry. I don't have the same game on both systems so I can't compare them but Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead both look good but say I'm playing one of them and someone sends me a msg that msg popup is blurred. Message is also blurry when not in a game aswell.

Is this because the Xbox should be using a different type of HDMI cable? Or is there a setting on my 360 I need to be checking as i'm a 360 noob?

Thx
~d

JAWoOKIE 04-23-2009 07:22 PM

did you make sure your 360 is set to 720p or 1080i.

Also, I run everything 1080p and the "pop ups" always look bad. ( I don't even think they are HD to begin with) I could be wrong. I see them alot with achievements. (had to say that :)) )

mlemaire 04-23-2009 08:52 PM

Generally, I've found that the pop-ups look rather low-res compared to everything else as well. This has been the case regardless of the television that I am using. So if that's the only "problem" you're seeing, I wouldn't worry about it.

daevv 04-24-2009 08:17 AM

Thanks for the input guys! I can live with the popups being like this a long as the games are looking good. Mass Effect looks and plays great btw so no worries!

~d

MAMON 06-20-2009 02:58 PM

Xbox 360 and HDMI cable question.

Is there a difference between HDMI 1.2 and 1.3 cables? Does the Xbox require a certain one?

I use both my newly acquired Xbox and PS3 on the same 720p/1080i TV. Where I only have one HDMI cable at the moment I switch it back and forth when using the systems. I notice on the 1080i or 720p setting the words, pop ups, and such on the PS3 look cleaner and crisper than the Xbox achievements and message popups which are blurry. I don't have the same game on both systems so I can't compare them but Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead both look good but say I'm playing one of them and someone sends me a msg that msg popup is blurred. Message is also blurry when not in a game aswell.

Is this because the Xbox should be using a different type of HDMI cable? Or is there a setting on my 360 I need to be checking(I have it set to 1080i now) as i'm a 360 noob? I'll try it on the 1080p TV tonight if I can get at it seeing it's CSI/Survivor/Devils and Canes Gm 5 night