PRICE DROP: Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive $129 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM

Well said, freekedoutfish!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM

anyway good move by MS should sell a few million

Last edited by chase16; 02-06-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

If your into HD DVD this is the worst choice.
It has crappy upscaling. Relies on your 360 NOT red ring of deathing itself useless.
And is the worst HD DVD player on the market.

Might as well get a stand alone.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekedoutfish View Post
Im not bashing anything. I was just expressing my opinion about the HD DVD addon price reduction and that I dont feel it will impact anything.

No rule to say only HD DVD people can post in here.

Besides I was HD DVD until last week with lots of films and the HD DVD addon. I just traded it all in and went BD is all and im glad I did.

HD DVD is still a great format... its just unfortunately not going to last.
Thank you for the reminders. I was feeling a bit bad thinking that I had missed out on the price this morning at Amazon. I think your statements are true. There's no bashing. Your reasons mentioned is why I haven't gotten an Xbox 360. All in itself, it offers a lot. However, when it comes to reliability, it falls apart miserably.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:27 PM

lets all be nice..hd dvd needs all the help it can, this will help abit
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
My advice would be to trade in your HD DVD addon and HD DVDs while the price is still higher and get yourselves a PS3 . Alteast if your from the UK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dude1976 View Post
This is one of the many reasons I chose to go Blu in the first place.p_- Take another 125 bucks off and the price will be appropriate.
These two comments are Smackdown and are not needed

Quote:
Im not bashing anything.
yes you did Bash the XBOX and are telling people to drop the format based on the XBOX. There are other ways to get HD DVD, and the add-on can be use with PC's. I have one and I don't own an XBOX.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase16 View Post
can the ps3 upscale?

Uh...YEAH IT CAN!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase16 View Post
can the ps3 upscale?

this in not smackdown and yes the PS3 can upscale
Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 PM

xbox 350 lol
Old 02-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY-HD-DVD View Post
These two comments are Smackdown and are not needed

yes you did Bash the XBOX and are telling people to drop the format based on the XBOX. There are other ways to get HD DVD, and the add-on can be use with PC's. I have one and I don't own an XBOX.
Oh wow... I gave some advice to get a PS3 instead of an xbox360! You have some strange ideas of what "bashing is"!

I didnt say anything negative about the xbox360 as a console or HD DVD as a format. My entire basis for my opinion is the very simply fact that in the UK, virtually NO retail stores are still selling HD DVDs while they DO sell Blu Ray!

But there is a simply truth that the xbox360 is unreliable and there are lots of reports of the red light of death. Another fact is that is makes a lot of noise when watching a film. Which ruins the entire atmoshphere when its a silent moment and its meant to be quiet.

But yes, your right.

Alternative ways to play HD DVDs do exist, and far cheaper ones at that.

I know a local store which is selling a HD Dvd player for a very small 129. Which is a great deal if you have hd dvds and you plan to get more and you dont want an xbox360.

But Im not going to lie and promote a format which isnt being stocked in the stores on the highstreet!

And im not going to lie and NOT suggest getting a PS3 instead of an xbox360 or a stand alone HD DVD player. Its my personal opinion that at 300 the PS3 is a very good deal for a BD player which is very easily updated, compact into one device, and offers other functionality like music playback, internet browsing and games and will continue to be supported by Sony and updated regularly!

While Toshiba is likely to drop supporting their HD DVD players if (or when) HD DVD dies.

Had this been 2 weeks ago, I wouldnt be saying this.

But I have now owned both an xbox360 with the HD DVD drive and the now the PS3 with blu ray support. And as a conclusion I would suggest getting a PS3 instead of any kind of HD DVD player, including the xbox360 add on.

For that reason I felt I should post and express that view, in the hope it sways someone away from buying the HD DVD add on.