High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   HD DVD and Video Game Consoles (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-video-game-consoles-12/)
-   -   HD-DVD addon remote question (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-video-game-consoles/32507-hd-dvd-addon-remote-question.html)

perfectdark 12-28-2007 02:24 PM

HD-DVD addon remote question

is mine broken? just bought it and the remote eject button works the 360 tray and not the hd-dvd tray...... i'm assuming i have to change a setting, this cant be right

gunz4sale 12-28-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfectdark (Post 566809)
is mine broken? just bought it and the remote eject button works the 360 tray and not the hd-dvd tray...... i'm assuming i have to change a setting, this cant be right

Mine does the same thing, IDK how to correct it.

DustoMan 12-28-2007 03:36 PM

That's what it's supposed to do. There's no setting to change it yet.

intoxicated662 12-28-2007 04:28 PM

yeah they haven't done anything about it so the 360 media remote will open the hd dvd tray so we're stuck having to do it manually and having to get up. also, hopefully on the next update they'll have it to where it'll read the disc and have the hd dvd movie title in the tray of the xbox 360 dashboard. few updates ago they did it for 360 games, now just waiting for them to do it on the hd movies.

Johnny Park 12-29-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfectdark (Post 566809)

The remote isn't add-on specific, they've been selling it for a while before the add-on even came out.

thedude 12-29-2007 03:57 AM

the only thing i can see good about that eject button is whenever u have a game and a movie in the console at the same time and u press the eject button the movie will start up!

intoxicated662 12-29-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedude (Post 568634)
the only thing i can see good about that eject button is whenever u have a game and a movie in the console at the same time and u press the eject button the movie will start up!

yeah, then the game you chose to eject will leave the tray open and now what? you've got an open tray showing the game you were last playing showing. so you have to get up and take the game out the disc tray or close it and go back to the hd movie

thedude 12-29-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoxicated662 (Post 568784)
yeah, then the game you chose to eject will leave the tray open and now what? you've got an open tray showing the game you were last playing showing. so you have to get up and take the game out the disc tray or close it and go back to the hd movie

sorry i typed it wrong i meant whenever you are powering up the console just press the eject button 2 make the game come out then when the movie starts just close it back up!

Tokkie 12-29-2007 11:31 AM

I agree that this was an oversight for the HD-DVD Player...that being said...

If your going to eject the drive, your going up to the unit anyway...so its not like its asking you to do handstands to change or remove a movie.

But yeah it is sort of a inconvenience given what were used to.

The biggest oversight I think is the PS3 Blu-ray remote...what bluetooth only? It probably costs pennies to include a IR receiver. So it can be compatible with my Logitech 880. I mean Sony sells Uni-remotes too, so this is bull. But like MS they would want to release semi-proprietary equipment for profit...

Not to mention no real "On/Off" switch on the PS3 remote, and that any button press turns the unit on...this may seem like a convenient way to turn the PS3 on , on paper, but in reality its retarded.

Bluetooth is great for range though...which brings me to my next point back to the 360 remote...that IR range is crap, I mean my 880 has at least twice the range at different angles. They should have put that wireless tech they use in their game controllers (which I can use to control the 360 from two rooms away) in that remote.

I hate both the PS3 and 360 remotes for the above reasons.

Sorry kind of went off in a rant there.