UK Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 AM

Default UK Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Just thought I would let everyone know that I popped this disk in last night. IT worked flawlessly. I bought it from the UK Amazon site.
Once again this is a major advantage over Blu-Ray. Buying HD-DVDs from around the world and not worrying about region codes.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersheytx View Post
Just thought I would let everyone know that I popped this disk in last night. IT worked flawlessly. I bought it from the UK Amazon site.
Once again this is a major advantage over Blu-Ray. Buying HD-DVDs from around the world and not worrying about region codes.
Amen brother. I have the disc as well with no problems on my USA A1.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersheytx View Post
Debateing if i want to pick it up or just wait until it comes out here.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
Debateing if i want to pick it up or just wait until it comes out here.
Depends on how much you willing to spend. The exchange rate between the pound and the dollar isn't that great.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:23 PM

Yeah it cost me about $40 but I will say that I think it's the best overall HD DVD in my collection.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:34 PM

If it is not announced before or during the CES, I will order it form UK, however I think it is likely Warner will release it in the US sometime soon. It is possible they are saving it as a big announcement for the CES (hopefully along with Matrix).
Old 12-13-2006, 02:49 PM

Harry Potter is Warner's biggest franchise. They WILL release it in the U.S. soon (it's even in their little "HD DVD is Great!" trailer at the beginning of their movies).

I'm not as jazzed for the Matrix. The only one I truly crave in HD is The Matrix Reloaded. I've seen the first Matrix in HD plenty of times on TNTHD.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

I really don't why it has been launched in the UK when we only have one HD-DVD player launched right now (the 360 one!)