HD-DVD Web Enabled Titles - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-26-2009, 09:37 PM

Default HD-DVD Web Enabled Titles

I just recently installed wireless ethernet capability in my home theater. It seems to be working well for blu-ray as BD-Live features come up with no problem. However, my A30 indicates all is well in setup for the ethernet connection, but whenever I try to access a web enabled item in a HD-DVD title, it says the connection isn't there. Maybe those links are dead? Does anyone know of titles that still work correctly for web enabled features for me to try out? It's not all that critical - just playing around to see how and if it works with HD-DVD as compared to BD-Live.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:01 AM

Yer almost 2 years too late. I assure you the features worked before the format was defunct...in terms of which ones remain active? That's a fool's errand. I wouldn't be surprised if all that content's been removed.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
Yer almost 2 years too late. I assure you the features worked before the format was defunct...in terms of which ones remain active? That's a fool's errand. I wouldn't be surprised if all that content's been removed.
Yes, I believe I suggested maybe all the links are actually dead. If that is the case - fine. In spite of you calling my playing around with this subject a "fool's errand", I'm still interested in any hd-dvd titles with web-enabled content that is still active. bbbluhhhhdvd
Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 AM

I haven't tried recently, but the Transformers online portal was working a couple of months ago (though it only let me download one of the bonus features).
Old 12-27-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzoid View Post
I haven't tried recently, but the Transformers online portal was working a couple of months ago (though it only let me download one of the bonus features).
Thanks. I have that title and will try it out.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Yes, I believe I suggested maybe all the links are actually dead. If that is the case - fine. In spite of you calling my playing around with this subject a "fool's errand", I'm still interested in any hd-dvd titles with web-enabled content that is still active. bbbluhhhhdvd
The "fool's errand" is in regards to loading all the titles with web features to see which ones still function (which is what would be required to completely answer your question). I just don't know why anyone would bother at this point (boredom, I suppose).
Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
The "fool's errand" is in regards to loading all the titles with web features to see which ones still function (which is what would be required to completely answer your question). I just don't know why anyone would bother at this point (boredom, I suppose).
Nope - just curiosity to satisfy myself that it actually works correctly in my setup. bbbluhhhhdvd
Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 PM

Well, I guess I must be living a life of boredom, as I scoped out the same thing myself this evening. First off, it appears that Transformers is the only title that has an active web enabled connection that is worth anything. It's a Paramount title, so I tried Beowulf, which is also Paramount, and they've taken down that connection.

Universal, on the other hand, really sucks on my LG BH200. They're the one that was exclusively on the HD DVD side from the beginning, and their discs won't load because it's trying to connect to the server. I tried with Bourne Ultimatum, BSG Season 1, and Eastern Promises, and gave up from there. So you have to manually disconnect from the internet, and then load your discs. My BH200 totally froze, and I had to do a reset by holding the power button for 5 seconds. On the other hand, I tested on my A35, and it didn't freeze the system, so this is just something that is messed up on the BH200.

I believe that the only Warner title that I have that had web connectivity is 300, although I remembered it being quite lame with only downloads to your cell phone. I tried that one also, and it appears to also work. You can navigate through the Wallpapers and ringtones, so I believe that is working also. But I don't have a cellphone to test it on.

Oh, Terminator 2 Steelbook from Germany has also had its online content pulled - sucked, because there was a text info version that was online content - it was quite good, actually. This was my favorite usage of web content that I had used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Nope - just curiosity to satisfy myself that it actually works correctly in my setup. bbbluhhhhdvd
Old 12-28-2009, 03:14 AM

Thanks for posting this information. I too was curious.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:29 AM

No offense to anybody intended...I still have over 100 discs so the task just sounded too daunting (and I have no idea which ones have web features and which do not).