Deadlands 2: Trapped (limited HD DVD release) now available to pre-order! - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Default Deadlands 2: Trapped (limited HD DVD release) now available to pre-order!

To cut a long story short, this film maker has made a couple of Zombie flicks - one of which has already been prepared for a Hi Def release in October. His distributor has said that they are very receptive to an hhhhdvd release which will be limted to 250 copies but packed with extra features. This post courtesy of TBS:

" Over at AVS we were talking about ZOmbie Farm on hhhhdvd, and I had mention that I too made my own zombie film, actually 2, albeit very low budget. ($6,000.00)

Someone had suggested at one point early on, while shooting the film I should do an hhhhdvd release, this is of course while the format war was still on, however, post production didn't end until after Blu-ray won.

However, many discussions have ensued that people want content for their hhhhdvd players, that small pocket of users who collect these rare items. I know my distributor was going to do a Blu-Ray release, which to me was ok, but I wasn't pushing for it, simply because a majority of my flick was shot in SD, two segements shot in HD, and I am not a fan of trying to sell something in an HD format that was never intended to be HD, although the distributor has made an HD master for use on the ON DEMAND system once the title hits the streets in October.

So anyway someone asked is it possible the film could be done on HD-DVD, so I said I dunno, but I would ask. The distributor was open to the idea, but the quantity would be limited... only 250 copies made. I then suggested with such a small amount how about numbering them so people who get them know which one in the batch they actually received. The distributor was very open to the idea.

Now before everyone gets excited there are some catches to this.

1. The disc would sell for about $29.95 + S&H
2. Limited quantity
3. They would need to see a general want for the product, meaning you as hhhhdvd owners would want something like this to be done.

Now I proposed that I would add more content to the hhhhdvd verison that wouldn't be available on the DVD release of Blu version, including an additional cut of the film. Right now the DVD version will have two cuts, the work print and final cut, but a 3rd and 4th cut do exist... the inbetween cuts, which contain footage either deleted or rearranged differently in the film.

Basically I would pack as much stuff as I could onto this hhhhdvd as it would hold for 30gb.

Now what you might want to do first is head to you Tube and search out the 2:47 trailer for the film Deadlands 2: Trapped, this is the film that could get the hhhhdvd release. Watch the trailer and ask yourself would you be willing to drop $30.00 for an hhhhdvd version of this flick. Again, keeping in mind the films budget is only $6,000.00 so yes it is a shot on DV micro budgeted zombie film.

If you think you would want to buy it, drop us an email at
[email protected]

Remember only 250 discs total would be made, and the price would not budge because of the cost to press thee discs, and make them available to a format that is DEAD.

So, let us know, and make sure you put HD-DVD - DEADLANDS 2 in the subject."

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group.../message/49169

I have already put myself down for two potential hhhhdvds. A zombie flick on HD DVD at this moment in time?
Thank you very much....

Last edited by The Limey; 09-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Yeah this is very cool. I also sent an e-mail. I bet he gets 250 people in no time.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_myers138 View Post
Yeah this is very cool. I also sent an e-mail. I bet he gets 250 people in no time.

As of just under two hours ago, he had received 69 emails across a 14 hour period. This seems to be rolling now, maybe they may even up the initial figure of 250 hhhhdvds if there is a tide of interest...
Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 PM

It sounds pretty cool, so I put myself down for one. I hope it could be done.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM

A zombie movie bringing the format back from the dead? How appropriate!

Shame the movie was mostly shot in SD.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
A zombie movie bringing the format back from the dead? How appropriate!

He he and why not...

This just in from TBS:

"Anthem Pictures, the distributor has found someone to do the HD-DVD pressing of the film. With all the emails received we have at least a ball park figure of 130 copies would definitely sell. Thats out of 91 emails.
I keep a tally on the number requested per email.

Now, the best part...
Is anyone interested in doing the artwork? The distributor can do it, but since this is something for the HD-DVD fans, I figured maybe a fan that is great with photo shop would want a crack at it.
If interested shoot me an email: [email protected].
What I will do this weekend, is upload every photo taken from the set of the film, and RAR them up onto the website for the movie,
www.playingwithdeadthings.com, then those who want a crack at the artwork can send in their artworks presentations, and hopefully we can get that artwork used.

If we do I will feature that artwork on the films website with the winners name, and they have the recognition of knowing they did the artwork for what may probably be the last HD-DVD ever produced.
Any takers for this challenge?"

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group.../message/49229
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 PM

Is there a trailer for the movie
Old 08-28-2009, 01:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szsXGwoJKXw
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

I'd be in for 1.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
I'd be in for 1.
Gizmo,

Have you sent your email off to
[email protected]
so as to book your copy?

Here we are in August 2009 and discussing a forthcoming release on hhhhdvd.
Kinda weird really....

Last edited by The Limey; 08-28-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread