Russian HD DVD ROM!!!!!!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-29-2009, 07:13 AM

Russian HD DVD ROM!!!!!!!!

Hi people..

I'm new here and from the lovely UK lol London to be exact lol !!! So please be gentle with me heheh

I have just manager to pick up 2 really rare russian hd dvds and i am having issues trying to play them BOTH!

The titles i have got are : Antidur and Paragraph 78!

They were both brand new and sealed but both don't want to play!

I have noticed that they are actually HD-DVD ROM discs! And not actually a HD DVD!
Not like my other russian one VEDMA!! Which plays fine and is a brilliant Horror film!

I have 2 Toshiba EP-30 players and when u put it in it just says after a short while "Not a dvd format disc, Can not play"

I also have the External LG06 HD-DVD & BLU RAY DRIVE and that does'nt even reconise a disc being put into the drive! The light comes on but it just flashes but nothing gets registered on my computer!!

Does anyone in the world who is reading these forums have these 2 hd dvd rom films! And have any ideas how to play them and on what can i play them on!!!

All your help would be really appreciated!

I am very happy to contact someone over the phone if they want to help!

Thanks.

A BIG hhhhdvd COLLECTOR...

Norwood HD
Attached Thumbnails
Russian HD DVD ROM!!!!!!!!-.jpg   Russian HD DVD ROM!!!!!!!!-78-front.jpg  

Last edited by NorwoodHD; 07-30-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM

Just curious, where did you get the Russian HD DVDs?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:35 PM

interesting..
Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 PM

I do not have any Russian releases, so I can't confirm anything about them. However, I have received that error message before with several combo discs from Universal, and 1 from Warner. I promptly contacted the manufactures for replacement discs. Of course, that was months ago, and I doubt whether mainsteam disk publishers would still support hd-dvd, let alone publishers of ultra-rare copies like these. I am curious about the authenticity of the discs though since you are having problems with 2 discs acquired at the same time, from the same source, with the same problem. Can you confirm that the discs are from a reliable supplier?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:57 PM

Can you post some pics? At the very least your computer drive should be able to show you the file structure on the discs. If that isn't happening, I would have to say the discs are bad.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:20 PM

Hi there..

Thanks for the replys..

I got these from a really good source who is a good friend and they were both brand new and sealed!!

I have tried them in my friends XBOX 360 HD DRIVE AND THEY BOTH WORK FINE!!

All Russian menu and the film plays fine!!

I put the HD DRIVE to my computer via usb but i havent got a powerful enough Graphics Card to be able to play them using Cyberlink PowerDVD!!

Now i know they do work! Im a little happier!!

Does anyone know how i can make my computer think i have a better graphics card so i can play them on my computer!!

Thanks

P.S. also added 2 pics of the Titles in hand!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 AM

Have you tried the Toshiba Firmware Updates on the EP-30? The 4.0 Firmware solves a lot of compatibility problems.

There is no way to play the HD-DVDs on a "weak" PC. YouŽll need an average two core processor and a fast GPU with HD support. This is no software issue!

Great buy, by the way! Congrats!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Have you tried the Toshiba Firmware Updates on the EP-30? The 4.0 Firmware solves a lot of compatibility problems.

There is no way to play the HD-DVDs on a "weak" PC. YouŽll need an average two core processor and a fast GPU with HD support. This is no software issue!

hi

i have updated both ep30 players with the new firmware 4.0 but still says is not a dvd format disc can not play!! its like theres no disc in the drive lol

but its weird how my friends xbox 360 hd dvd drive plays them both fine!!

any other ideas....
Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwoodHD View Post
hi

i have updated both ep30 players with the new firmware 4.0 but still says is not a dvd format disc can not play!! its like theres no disc in the drive lol

but its weird how my friends xbox 360 hd dvd drive plays them both fine!!

any other ideas....
Do you have any access to any of the 2nd generation players? Well, they were 2nd generation here in North America, the A2/A20/XA2; I think they were the 1st generation players for Europe and probably called the ep2 ep20?

A couple of discs released in Europe had problem playing on the A30/ep30, but played fine on A20/ep20. The French release of Stalingrad is one, and a couple of Polish HD DVDs.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post

Not true. I play Blu-rays with no problems at all on my PC, which is just a P4 3.2 GHz single core PC, 1 GB RAM, and a low end ($70) AGP Graphics Card that supports HDCP.

Everything worked fine in the same system when I had a 2.8 GHz P4 and an evel older HD compatible video card. But the card and my monitor didn't support HDCP, so I had to run AnyDVD on protected discs, which did choke the system.

I tried the upgrade to the 3.2 GHz, but it didn't help much. S0 I just bought a new video card, monitor, and got rid of AnyDVD. Works perfectly now.