For the Love of the Game - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-25-2009, 05:16 AM

Default For the Love of the Game

In honor of the perfect game pitched the other night, I thought I would revisit this title. I love it, this movie is a blast. I have owned it since it came out and have watched several times. I agree with the reviewer here about the PQ/AQ! I love the background music mixed in with him reminiscing. Of course, the 'in the zone' segment is cool way to look at what we all can do. The movie is really well done and some people are going crazy about what just happened the other night with Mark Buehrle being the 16th perfect gamer, so here you go...

For the Love of the Game: HDD review
Old 07-25-2009, 08:39 PM

I watch this flick about every two months. Great movie. Nice thread.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I watch this flick about every two months. Great movie. Nice thread.
OK - you guys have convinced me - I have a new/sealed hd-dvd of this title sitting in my rack from when I snagged it cheap after Toshiba threw in the towel. It has been sitting there mostly because I have seen it twice before on DVD, and had other titles to watch I had not watched. However, in honor of the Oakland A's snapping the NY Yankees 8 game streak today - (when you are an A's fan these days, you have to take joy whenever and however it presents itself!) - it is time for it to come out and play away on our system this evening. Thanks for the motivation!

Update - just finished watching it. It was every bit as enjoyable as I remembered - and terrific in high definition! Is this one still a HD-DVD exclusive with no blu-ray ever released?

Last edited by Rich86; 07-26-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 AM

^Yes (domestically speaking anyway), one of many. It's in my to-watch list.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:30 PM

I watched this flick for the first time last night...All I ca say is the audio was perfection and was an excellent movie...A little on the slow side but regardless a well acted & well written movie and the PQ was nothing to sneeze at either...A recommended watch for sure...
Old 08-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Thumbs up

And to top it off there is a cool easter egg, just like the sd-dvd had. When you complete the trivia game by either knowing your stuff or playing the memory game, an old B&W short starring Babe Ruth plays "Slide, Babe, Slide". Oldest high definition movie beside That's Entertainment(which came later) that I've seen. I am glad to have the egg short on the disc, than live streamed.:-#
Old 08-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDM-GHANDI View Post
And to top it off there is a cool easter egg, just like the sd-dvd had. When you complete the trivia game by either knowing your stuff or playing the memory game, an old B&W short starring Babe Ruth plays "Slide, Babe, Slide". Oldest high definition movie beside That's Entertainment(which came later) that I've seen. I am glad to have the egg short on the disc, than live streamed.:-#
Yes - I actually came across that by accident (due to being stubborn enough to successfully complete the Trivia Game). It was a great surprise treat for me.