'Trading Places' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-01-2007, 12:28 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Trading Places' - High-Def Digest Review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Trading Places' on HD DVD, and he says fans should appreciate this long-awaited special edition in its high-def debut from Paramount. While there's just so much you can do with a now twenty five year-old film, Peter says the transfer is better than expected, and even if the audio is lacking, there's a handful of new supplements to pick up the slack.

Full review here:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/tradingplaces.html
Old 06-01-2007, 12:31 PM

Good to hear it is a solid transfer. I was on the edge about getting this one, but the review pushed me over...
Old 06-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Some really good news for the day! I'm excited now to watch.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 06-01-2007, 09:57 PM

I'm disappointed that the review doesn't make any direct comparisons between formats. This info is important to dual format owners in their decision of which format to get. I've read some disparaging things about the Coming to America on BD. I'm awaiting the High-def Digest review, b/c they are the HD reviews I trust. I hope a comparison is made. If you no longer fell they have a place in the main review, maybe a head-head feature should be included for dual format releases.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
a head-head feature should be included for dual format releases.
Wow, this is actually a great idea. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? We could do an official "HD DVD vs. Blu-ray Smackdown" for each individual release, with either HD DVD or Blu-ray winning each 'round.' Sounds good to me...
Old 06-02-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Off on one little thing.

Eddie Murphy was in 48 hrs first. That film was released in 1982 while Trading places was 1983. Murphy's 3rd film for paramount was Beverly Hills Cop after Stallone dropped out of the project.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I'm disappointed that the review doesn't make any direct comparisons between formats. This info is important to dual format owners in their decision of which format to get. I've read some disparaging things about the Coming to America on BD. I'm awaiting the High-def Digest review, b/c they are the HD reviews I trust. I hope a comparison is made. If you no longer fell they have a place in the main review, maybe a head-head feature should be included for dual format releases.
I thought this was because often the transfers are identical, sometimes even using the same codec? ...maybe not writing anything about it means the transfers are the same?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM

is the transfer really 4 star quality