HD-DVD's released with DTS-MA - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Default HD-DVD's released with DTS-MA

besides the domestic release of Pan's Labyrinth, were there any other releases both internationally and domestically that specifically included forms of the DTS-MA or DTS High Resolution codecs?

from my own collection of import HD DVD's include:

Rambo 1 (FRA)
Rambo 2 (FRA)
Underworld Evolution (SPA) DTS is Castellano only
Old 06-03-2009, 03:19 PM

All of the Studio Canal releases (and their re-releases by other distributors like Kinowelt Germany and Optimum UK) used DTS-HD MA and/or HR, as well as most of the smaller European indies such as Concorde. The reason is that DTS at the time provided much better support for smaller studios than Dolby did.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:08 PM

All Dutch HD DVD releases are DTS-HD MA, I believe. Kinowelt, Optimum, and Studio Canal titles are all as well.

As for US domestic titles:
Pan's Labyrinth

Yeah, I believe that was the only DTS-HD MA title released here, although there were a lot of DTS-HD mixed releases.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 PM

Yeah I think that most European imports have some form of DTS-HD. I don't really know why, since all players do DD+ and TrueHD while only two of them can handle DTS-HD.

The only one out of my collection is my T2 Steelbook from Germany, which has 7.1 DTS-HD HR.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Some title examples: Saw and Saw 3, Underworld, all 3 Resident Evils, Death Proof, Hoodwinked, all of the T2 versions......
The only other HD DVD titles that are readily available here in the US with DTS HD Master Audio 7.1 no less, are the Alexander Jero surround sound discs, Spatial Dynamics, Space or Dream of Life etc...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:32 AM

"The Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour - Live From Melbourne" uses DTS-HD MA according to my Yamaha RX-V663. There was a thread here that disclosed that stealth title a couple of months ago. I think there were more than two domestic US releases but I don't recall the others. There weren't many and not very many people owned players that had DTS-HD MA bitstream capability so there was little discussion about the topic.

Chris
Old 06-04-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquilax View Post
Yeah I think that most European imports have some form of DTS-HD. I don't really know why, since all players do DD+ and TrueHD while only two of them can handle DTS-HD.

The only one out of my collection is my T2 Steelbook from Germany, which has 7.1 DTS-HD HR.
There are six model numbers, not two. The models that bitstream all advanced audio codecs including DTS-HD MA:

Toshiba HD-A35
Integra DHS-8.8
Onkyo DV-HD805
Toshiba HD-XA2
LG BH200
Samsung BD-UP5000

Chris

Last edited by chris gerhard; 06-04-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
There are six model numbers, not two. The models that bitstream all advanced audio codecs including DTS-HD MA:

LG BH200
Samsung BD-UP5000

Chris
Link for these? I didn't think the 5000 did.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilly019 View Post
Link for these? I didn't think the 5000 did.
I don't need a link, I own both of those dual format players and can guarantee both bitstream all advanced audio codecs for both formats.

Chris
Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
I don't need a link, I own both of those dual format players and can guarantee both bitstream all advanced audio codecs for both formats.

Chris
I wasn't doubting you, I just hadn't heard this before.